View Single Post
Old 04-04-09, 04:55 PM   #2
Ryland
Master EcoRenovator

they are the same co2, only the one from your car has other impurities, unburnt hydrocarbons, nitrogen oxides, all that, but either way co2 is a green house gas, the co2 that dry ice is made from is a byproduct from some other industry...
I buy my co2 by the bottle/tank, like soda fountains use, but I have also used dry ice, a chunk about the size of a marble will carbonate a 2 litter soda bottle that is half full, fill it fuller with water and you end up with a dry ice bomb... use a larger chunk and you end up with a dry ice bomb, the f bomb kind that kids have used to blow up mail boxes, they sound like a loud gun shot when they explode, not like a wimpy small caliber riffle.
when you carbonate stuff you want the liquid ice cold as it forms a more stable carbonic acid, co2 also only absorbs in to the surface of the fluid, so you have to create more surface area by shaking it, then let it sit so it can calm down and become a stable carbonated drink, impurities like sugar will also prevent the co2 from absorbing in to the water, that is why pure carbonated water is really sharp and mouton dew is almost flat, if you are doing juice water it down by almost half or the flavor will be to intense to drink and the sugar will be to high to give good fizz.
Ryland is offline   Reply With Quote