View Single Post
Old 12-10-14, 03:49 PM   #29
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

Sunspot..

getting back to my water temps to radiator..

believe it or not... in December my 2 evac 20 tube collectors heat the storage water up to around 115 to 140 degrees.

I have a separate circulator pump that pumps the stored hot water out to my Runtal radiator.

Once the water circulates a couple times the radiator is at around 115 degrees.

This style thin steel radiator does a great job throwing a nice even heat into the room for a steady 3 to 4 hours... and even when the radiator temp drops down to 80 degrees this thing is STILL radiating heat..

Hard to believe I know, but I am not kidding at all about this.

STORAGE TANK SIZE
I want to mention that the storage tank I use in conjuncion with the big long radiator is only 45 Gallon capacity. It is a stainless steel USED Superstor water tank. The reason it is only 45 gallons is because 'that' is all I could afford to buy after purchasing my 2 evacuated tube collectors. I wish I had money to buy more collectors but this will take some time. I am retired now so on a fixed income. I have to do things in LITTLE steps to accomplish my missions. Ha!

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by solarhotairpanels; 12-10-14 at 04:00 PM..
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote