View Single Post
Old 12-10-14, 03:05 PM   #24
solarhotairpanels
Helper EcoRenovator

Default leaky fitting at collector on drainback system? Interesting?

woW?

I can't imagine what caused that fitting to leak if it was up by the collector?

Once the water drains back down into your drainback tank there's no liquid in the collector or pipes to cause a problem that I know of?

Can you tell me again.. what you feel caused it to leak or what you discovered?
I must have missed something?

Heck, I connected my 2 evac tube collectors side by side together in the middle with regular automotive radiator hose and no problems at all. Year 2 with system running now..

Stagnated Water in Collectors:
If you are holding water in your collectors when the pump shuts down (power outage or unplugged?) something seems to be wrong.
It may be that you have a check valve in your collector pump that is not allowing water to drain back to the tank. The check valve can be removed in most cases to avoid this problem.

let me know when ya get a chance... I'm very interested in knowing the solution and GREAT SYSTEM you have there. Are the 5 collectors doing the trick in December? What kind of water temps are you getting in December??

Please Note:
Comments and/or suggestions I make here at the forums on 'your' projects as well as my own have all been carefully and scientifically calculated by 'the seat of my pants'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by solarhotairpanels; 12-10-14 at 03:18 PM..
solarhotairpanels is offline   Reply With Quote