View Single Post
Old 10-15-11, 12:09 PM   #36
Daox
Administrator

I continued on removing the concrete to find that the floor does not extend under the raised platform. So, it looks like I'm going to have to pour a floor in where ever I chip out. Not a big deal, but it needs to be done.

However, this brings up another issue I have with the house, and that is a damp basement. For a while now I've been wanting to fix the problem. The best solution would be to entirely remove the floor of the house, dig down a bit, lay down some rock and add drain tile around the edges going to the sump croc, and then repour the floor. That is a whole heck of a lot of work. So, I may just chip around the exterior of the basement, lay down drain tile and repour that area... more work, great!

Anyway, here is a pic. Its hard to tell, but the shovel is below the grade of the floor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote