View Single Post
Old 04-09-16, 08:05 AM   #519
earloflondon
Lurking Renovator

Default great read guys!

Hey Gents, just wanted to say thanks for putting all of this info up in this thread. Spent a day last week reading through the whole thing start to finish - really cool to see all of your projects come to fruition!

Sadly the part of Ontario, Canada where I live will not allow any more connections for either Net metering or our MicroFit program. I have been trying and applying for over 5 years now only to have them say "there is no capacity on the feeder for a 10kw system". Right....as I've watched over a dozen new houses go up in the area over the past few years I've come to realize what they mean is "there is no capacity on the feeder if someone other than us is producing it"... I like the net-metering idea in general, as it basically means that the energy being created is being used instantly (except for maybe Pinball who can put some in the bank each day...) Here, and I'm guessing most places now, we've all been turned into vampires so as to take advantage of "cheaper" rates at night. It would be nice to be able to do laundry, charge your Volt, or run your A/C when you're actually producing energy....and awake!
So I will continue to hound my provider with applications, and watch here enviously from the sidelines!

Tim
earloflondon is offline   Reply With Quote