View Single Post
Old 03-16-17, 10:28 AM   #25
Geo NR Gee
Journeyman EcoRenovator

I somehow missed the photos. Great progress and some problems along the way but you are getting it done!

Question about your statement: "Doing it all over, I'd have kept driving the 4" sewer pipe deeper and deeper into the ground; we started with a 2' stub, but the hole enlarged more than that immediately below it. The deeper this temporary casing goes, the more protected everything is from collapse, AND the easier the cuttings can bubble up. I think that a large cavern was created somewhere down in the hole, which contributed to my failed sealing attempt."

Would you the just keep pushing the casing down as you are drilling, 10' at a time? Seems like that would really help until you get to the aquifer. Or maybe when you get to that level you have holes in the casing for that?

In my area, there is so much rock that the last time I drilled, there wasn't a straight shot for the casing to go down. You could look down the hole and see a large rock sticking out then a few feet more, another one sticking out the other way.....
Geo NR Gee is offline   Reply With Quote