View Single Post
Old 11-08-16, 11:25 AM   #137
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

@Daox
Yes a couple things. Some 2013 Volts had a bad heater valve installed. Mine was bad but once it was replaced it worked fine. My charge door did not always open the first try. They replaced the door and it works great now. When it was in for the charge door they and two recalls and they did those same time. Driver’s door lock button on the handle stopped working they fixed that same time as charge door.

One recall was some people would not turn their car off in their garage and when the battery would run out of power the engine would start not good in a garage. The other one was a vapor canister.
It is strange with this car as other EVs you don’t hear the motor so you can forget to turn off the car.

Since about 30k miles till now it has not seen a dealer.
I would not consider any of this major the heater was a pain but not a huge deal. All new cars have a couple things for them to take care of. All repairs covered under warranty.

We drive a lot and do our own maintenance I do not like to take my car to the dealer if I can help it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 11-08-16 at 12:10 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (11-09-16)