View Single Post
Old 06-11-16, 01:16 PM   #4
Elcam84
Apprentice EcoRenovator

I installed a pridiom system in a room I built at a Loml's church. It's an 18k btu model 181hx.

During install I had an issue at startup. The inside and outside units would not communicate. Tech support blamed the power supply in the condenser. Didn't fix it so they sent a whole new condenser and still no go. Ended up being the inside unit being wired backwards at the factory.

Only bad point is the air filter is a window unit style which is almost useless.

These units run 220 to the inside unit from the outside one. One hot is used for communication and if he hots are flipped it can't talk to the inside unit. This is a common method now with minisplits.
Because of this they said to keep the condenser so if anyone comes across one I'm looking to buy.

I check on the room periodically. Performance has been good with no complaints. It's oversized to provide quick heating and cooling as its not used all the time. It's relativly quiet. Overall it's been a good unit and has been trouble free for about 4 years.

Pridiom bought out Amcor Air which had a number of complaints years back.

I also installed an lg 3 system in a friends house. It's quite a bit more pricey than other brands but it's been a very good unit for 3 years so far. No install problems, build quality is good. Ability to buy real air filters for it as well.
Drain hoses were non standard size which is typical. Unit is quieter than the pridiom but doesnt have the air throw distance the pridiom has.
My friend is very happy with the system. His addition was nice and cool during the month of high temps of 108* to 117* highs and 85* lows when most people couldn't even get their houses down to 80*.
Elcam84 is offline   Reply With Quote