Thread: help needed
View Single Post
Old 01-14-16, 07:08 PM   #1
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

Default help needed

Well, In some ways i am the luddites, luddite. This is especially true when it comes to anything that needs programming which brings me to the problem in hand and my asking for help.

I have an A2W heat pump that I want to heat/cool a single tank with. It is to be based on outdoor temp. I need it to heat the tank (W signal, setpoint of 45C) anytime the outdoor temp is below 17C (adjustable). That is the warm weather shutdown point. It will also need to cool the tank (Y and O signal) anytime the outdoor temp is over 25C (again, adjustable, with setpoint of 7C). Also, it will need to switch off the A2W HP when it hits -15C (also adjustable) and turn on W2 which is the back up electric boiler. Oh yea, I should also have some way to let it know to turn on the back up boiler if the house drops below perhaps 14C, which would indicate a faulty HP.

I am absolutely useless with arduino so I wonder if any of you certifiable geniuses could help me write the code.

I don't think there is anything else the wee beastie needs to do as the t-stat will control turning on pumps and fans.

Please, pretty please.....

Mikesolar is offline   Reply With Quote