View Single Post
Old 05-29-15, 03:02 PM   #49
MEMPHIS91
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Jeff
Basketball rock don't sound fun. The compressor is out of a 5,000 btu window unit. It was running R22 and says LRA 23.00.

AC you asked a long time ago about temperature control mechanism. I plan to just wire it off the existing bottom element thermostat.

I went ahead and chipped my way 12 inches through the coal (I know its coal because when it dries you can light it on fire), and so we are at 30 feet deep!

Bad place to drop something valuable. Water level was at 6 feet.

So on to coil making. I made 3 of these up the pipe as per the suggestion by Jeff5may.

This is a shot of the entire drill pipe out of the hole.

This is the coil in the hole. It went in much easier than I thought it would. I also ran in a permanent temperature probe. It will be interesting to see the change as I run the unit, and winter vs summer.

This is the 3 part mixture of peagravel, lime stone and powder lime. (1.75"x1.75")x3.14159x360" gave me the amount of material needed to fill up the hole. And it work out perfect. I love when math works, or should I say I like when I make math work right.

And this is the insulated lines running under the patio where the compressor will be.

I'm ready to start the compressor or work. Main 2 points to figure out are the oil, how much and what kind. And the cap tube, how long and what size. I do have one on the window unit right now that I can use but should I shorten it some? My current one is 33 inches long and measures at .11 inches OD.
Attached Images

Last edited by MEMPHIS91; 05-29-15 at 07:45 PM..
MEMPHIS91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MEMPHIS91 For This Useful Post:
Daox (06-01-15)