View Single Post
Old 04-29-15, 03:02 PM   #40
Erich_870
Helper EcoRenovator

I've been working every weekend on this project and haven't stopped to take too many photos, but here are a few.

These are for the attic insulation work I did over a bedroom and the garage.

First I had to vacuum out the ~6" of cellulose insulation.

Then I taped the vapor barrier and sealed all the penetrations. I also installed new baffles and used scrap foam to cover the top of the walls where the new blown in insulation would be thin.

I need to get some finished pics.

Erich

I installed some 2x4's to make a crawl platform and help me know how much insulation to blow in.

Next I turned my attention to the garage attic. For some reason they used batt insulation so I just added to it. But first I wanted to address the lighting in the garage so I had some inexpensive T-8 lights on hand and installed them.

Here you can see the new and existing wiring along with the air sealing.

I also ran some new power cables for a 240 volt heater and a future welder. Neither are connected in the breaker box at this point.

Here's a view with the original insulation reinstalled. I have since added another R-30.

Here's the original garage light. It was a scary 200watt light bulb that was getting so hot it was discoloring the drywall around the porcelain fixture.

Here's the new garage lighting. 6 double T-8 fixtures.

Erich
Erich_870 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erich_870 For This Useful Post:
Daox (04-29-15)