View Single Post
Old 02-11-15, 06:17 PM   #462
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I guess I can't see how letting pex cross itself constutes "Poor" planning if a valid reason for not having it cross is not presented(I haven't found one yet). THe illustrations on pg 16 clearly show what I consider poor planning in heat distribution from what I have read as by most the ideal. That of having the most heat along exterior walls and less in center.One pattern is clearly most heat to least across progression. The other two are fairly equal across loop with the return of loop much cooler(which must be a heating loss from adjacent hotter tubes). A better loop pattern I would think ought to hotter on the outsides and cooler in the middle. Don't see that from any of these plans. Varying the tube spacing could maybe do it but that isn't shown. Have planned out a few different patterns that better run hottest fluid along exterior but a concentric spiral to center is the shortest loop and has zero return bends(just 90's) that are more difficult with narrow tube spacing.
I did present one good one. No one coming after you will realize that it has been crossed and, because it is very unusual, it could cause issues. Plus, if you look at any manifold, the supply starts to the left of the return (depending which way the manifold is oriented) and this is continued for each loop. Crossing them will, at the very least, look odd.
Mikesolar is offline   Reply With Quote