View Single Post
Old 09-14-14, 07:48 AM   #188
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

The boys Mini Split install is done. The load center is now full anything else I add I will need a subpanel.

It was a lot of crawling under the house. The boy’s rooms are as far away from the breaker panel as you can get. The boy’s rooms were very comfortable yesterday and last night.

It is kind of crazy just a little over a year ago I was asking about installing a system. Now I have installed three single zone mini splits and one duel zone mini split.

My neighbor had a new HVAC installed with an efficient HVAC with inverted compressor $15,000. They say it will save him money but that will take a long time. I have some money in my systems but no way near that kind of money and my units are much more efficient than his.
His HVAC is nice and he did not have to do any work but pay for it.

I ended up with 3.75 ton inverter mini splits and I still have a 4 ton AC I could make this house into a refrigerator. I also have this heating capacity with a 100k-125k btu gas heat so cold winter I am ready for you. We only turned on the 4 ton AC twice this summer for a few hours. I hope to do the same for the gas heat over the winter.

I want to thank others on here for answering my questions and posting their installs. I had never installed any HVAC other than a thermostat. So if you come to this site thinking about doing a DIY install mini split you can do it also. Just read lots ask some questions and don’t take any short cuts. Have a very good attention to detail. Buy or borrow the right tools.

Make sure the line sets and secured tied up you do not want to move them at all once you pressure test them.

Install and start saving money.

Attached Images

Last edited by pinballlooking; 09-14-14 at 05:01 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
AC_Hacker (09-14-14)