View Single Post
Old 09-02-14, 02:00 PM   #15
oil pan 4
Land owner

I cant use a hydrostatic drive. They are very expensive and are only 75% to 80% efficient.
The machines efficiency will come from running the engine as hard as possible, using a 6.5 horsepower engine to drive a "7 Horsepower compressor" at reduced speed and then shutting it off when not needed or running the little 110v powered air compressor when I have electrical power and only need a little air.

I was going to use a vehicle alternator on this "air compressor" to generate power for vehicle jump starting. I was going to attach an Anderson connector to a standard 3 wire ACdelco alternator and use my Anderson connector jumper cable set to connect the machine to a vehicle electrical system.

Throttling the engine will be accomplished by a standard gasoline air compressor unloader valve. The unloader valve will send air to the tank and throttle the engine up when air is needed and once the air hits a preset pressure it will trip the unloader valve throttling the engine down and venting compressor output to the atmosphere.
oil pan 4 is offline   Reply With Quote