View Single Post
Old 08-27-14, 10:44 AM   #170
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

Yes I pay some extra for a very high efficiency but I originally I was looking at putting a DIY Geothermal system and came here asking for advice.” XRinger “ suggested Mini Splits would work well in my mild climate. I did some research and he was exactly right. My COP numbers are not that far off Geothermal it helps being in a milder climate.

We have been pleased with the Mini Split choice we keep it cooler in the summer than before and warmer in the winter and still saved a lot of power. One of the biggest benefits has been we have more zones. I can keep my office at the temp I want and not make the whole house this temp.

We did not have to dig up our horse pasture this would have made me do extra fencing so the horses did not break a leg. My neighbor has a compact track hoe he would rent it to me dig the trench. But I still would have had more than double the cost in the system.

I like having the natural gas heat as a backup for below zero heating and my 4 ton AC unit is there just in case I would need it. I did exercise it twice this year.
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote