View Single Post
Old 07-27-14, 01:15 PM   #45
stef110
Helper EcoRenovator

Today i fit the temperature sensors in the outside unit and screw it back to gather. And already moved it to the roof of the garage. Where it will be placed on a backed on the wall so it won't stand on the roof it self.

On the general purposed heat pump controller topic, I saw ac_hacker ordered two flow sensors. I also ordered them and today i did some tests.
I mounted two valves on eater side of the sensor, one to adjust the water flow and one to just turn on of off the water. I get a water measure cup (don't know how you call it in English).
I filed the cup for exactly 20 seconds and looked how much get in.
Then calculate how much Liter per minute the flow was.
After that i just let the water flow in a bucked and looked what the software say's that the flow would be.
The calculation from the measure cup was 2,1 liter per minute.
The software say's 2,08 - 2,28 liter per minute.
I will adjust the sample time to increase the accuracy of the sensor but overall not bad!

I also have a other question about the defrost function. This is the case:

Below zero outside and there is a heat request
HP will start and the refrigerant will start to flow around.
I have two sensors one on input of the condenser and one on the output
The hp controller notice that the delta T is to low on the condenser.
This maybe will be caused by a frozen radiator so the defrost mode needs to be run.
In this case can I just switch the 4-way valve while the compressor is running?
I also will stop the fan, and let the heat do the rest.
After a certain amount of time. The radiator will be frost free and i will switch the valve back and restart the fan. And heat mode is back up.

stef

Last edited by stef110; 07-27-14 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: question about the defrost cycle
stef110 is offline   Reply With Quote