View Single Post
Old 07-24-14, 08:25 AM   #4
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

True.

OK, they're going for it.

I took my mom to the store yesterday and she picked out a door. It's NOT the most efficient choice: she decided (smartly) on a mostly glass (think French-style) door because the stairwell is lit by natural light from the lower level during the day. A conventional door with better insulating properties would have been more ideal from an efficiency standpoint, but it would have made for a dark stairwell when closed. (Which will be much of the time during the peak of summer.)

So it seems what we have here is a project that isn't the *best* solution, but it will be an improvement.

I'll update when the door arrives. It'll be here in 2-3 weeks.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote