View Single Post
Old 01-28-14, 06:54 PM   #13
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiasixteth View Post
http://www.kozykool.com/wp-content/u...er-12-36-2.pdf

12HRDN1 Has anyone had any dealings with kozykool ?
Never heard of Kozy Kool. It looks like the company is only 2 years old. Their units look amazingly similar to the usual suspects on amazon and ebay (klimaire, soleus, air-con, haier, midea, etc.). Other than ebay and amazon, they seem to be sold through hydroponic grow room supply houses. Nobody else really sells them, as far as I can tell.

They have a tech bit on their "solar evacuated tube assisted" outdoor unit and its supposed superiority. In my experience, ALL of these prepackaged "hybrid" systems cost A LOT MORE and are unproven, to say the least. Read through the bit, click and view the provided diagram, and tell me if you understand anything they are trying to explain? The only thing you might be able to harvest from the solar collector addition is hot water in the summer. Other than that, unless the designers have uncovered a new, mysterious thermodynamic mechanism, the collector is just a gimmick.

Here's another site pitching the same basic thing, with an even longer useless description page:

Solar and Wind Energy

The "Tech specs" page has the same Rube Goldberg diagram as the kozykool tech bit. Go figure.

I'm not saying the units are no good, in fact they may work well their whole lives. But in the HVAC industry in general, unless you have a super-common unit, if something goes wrong in a year or three, noone will want to work on it. Even the major name brands have sketchy service, especially with mini-split units. Just make sure you get some sort of exchange warranty with the purchase. And some kind of human to exchange with.

Last edited by jeff5may; 01-31-14 at 10:31 AM..
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote