View Single Post
Old 01-26-14, 10:53 AM   #7
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
hi,

my home is 30 yrs. old and not that tight. I will be adding dual pane windows soon and will change my 3.5 stud walls to 6" and add more insulation.
Sounds as if you have multiple projects planned. Obviously, your home leaks air and heat, but have you quantified these losses? Before you shell out thousands of dollars on comfort control, you should focus on the home and its envelope. Figuring out where all the BTU's are escaping and eliminating what losses you can WILL save energy and $$$.

Another question is are you spry? How are your home improvement skills? Do you plan on DIY or farming out lots of work? Think about putting together a plan before you spend lots of unnecessary time and money.

The unit you linked to looks just like a Whirlpool or a Gree or a Klimaire unit. Even the same words are spelled wrong in the literature. Chances are, it's probably Emerson or Shinco on the inside. The main difference between all these units is the appearance and the remote control. Make sure you get the functions you want.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote