View Single Post
Old 11-30-13, 08:12 PM   #4
Mikesolar
Master EcoRenovator

When i started putting in ductless HPs i looked at all the ones that were available and talked to my buddies over in the UK that put in and service them daily. I decided that the choice was between Fujitsu and Mitsi and the price point on the Fuji was a bit better, as was the availability from my wholesaler. So far I am pretty happy with the Fuji.

I'm retrofitting a formerly scorched air house with floor heating throughout (1800ft2 + basement). Until the Viessmann boiler is in we are using a HP for heat. I installed a 4 head, 36MBTU Fuji and they keep the place at a very comfortable (too high a temp for me) 23C and it has kept up when the outdoor temp was -10C a few days ago, with no problems. I'm not sure when we will be ready for the boiler but I'm not worried.

One of my wholesales complains that LG is the one with the highest warranty claims and the UK folks think it is crappy. Daikin was considered good but is going down hill so I would stick with the Fuji or Mitsi. Next years Fujis are supposed to be considerably better than the current ones, or so I am told.

Last edited by Mikesolar; 11-30-13 at 08:16 PM..
Mikesolar is offline   Reply With Quote