View Single Post
Old 09-07-13, 07:05 PM   #11
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Default Piwoslaw, you are posessed by a demon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piwoslaw View Post
How would one go about using an automotive A/C compressor as a small heat pump?
Hey Piwoslaw, this is at least the second time that you have posted an interest in hacking some kind of HVAC system.

I think that there is some kind of refrigeration demon residing inside of you and you are obligated to set that demon free!

So my advice is to get your hands on some kind of refrigeration compressor, any kind will do, really... some compressors may be more suitable than others, but for the purposes of total exorcism of the refrigeration demon, just get a compressor. I suggest getting one that you like... the demon will lead you to the right compressor. In fact, maybe you should get two, because you can use one to draw some kind of vacuum on the system.

Then get some HXs, I'm sure that you have read about all kinds on this blog. Here again, listen to the demon, and you will be led to select the correct ones. Again, they should be HXs that you like... for this is how the demon works.

You will need some kind of metering device. If you're haunting the wrecking yard, try to get a metering device from the same car as the compressor.

Then a very basic kit of tools will be useful.

So now you must build your refrigeration demon exorcism machine and run it. It may require a bit of tweaking before it starts makes frost.

When it starts making frost, the moment of exorcism has arrived!

If you were successful, the demon will have released his grip on you and you will now be free to watch TV forever.

If you made frost and the demon did not leave you to live in peace, you have a very big demon and he must be fed.

Welcome to hell.

-AC