Thread: Global Warming
View Single Post
Old 02-18-13, 04:11 PM   #39
Exeric
Apprentice EcoRenovator

Here is the link, also in post 15:

http://co2now.org/images/stories/dat...-noaa-esrl.pdf

Both your chart and the table of CO2 values above are referencing numbers by PPMV. I read that as Parts Per Million by Volume of atmosphere. If you look at the latest findings in the above tables the most recent data in 2012 shows a number of 393.82 parts per million of CO2 by volume of atmosphere. By the usual math that equates to a CO2 level of .039% in the atmosphere.

The chart you referenced showed a current level of below 300 ppmv in the atmosphere or .03% of CO2 in the atmosphere. That is incorrect. So the CO2 is accelerating far above any previous cycle in that chart. I'm not giving any new information here. I'm just repeating and elaborating the information from post 15 that I've already offered. Technically that increase in percentage is 31.33% from the approx previous peak of 300 ppmv to the current 394 ppmv.

EDIT: Restating, the current CO2 peak is at least 1.31 times any of the previous peaks in the last 600,000 years. So I guess I was incorrect in saying the current level is 31% above previous. The proper wording is that the level now is 131% of any previous peak.

Last edited by Exeric; 02-18-13 at 05:13 PM..
Exeric is offline   Reply With Quote