Thread: DummyNewby
View Single Post
Old 12-29-12, 07:58 PM   #1
verdigo
Helper EcoRenovator

Default DummyNewby

So. All of a sudden I am into solar power. Im not a prepper per say. Just a person that wants to be ahead of the curve. Long storry short my Dad is attached to an oxygen generator for the rest of his life. Power outages are not very convenient in his situation. Anyway I am here to glean any information I can to make my own power and to conserve as much energy as I can of what I have to buy. I tend to jump before I look so at present I have two Grape 280 watt solar panels, a cheap Chinese 1200 watt grid tie inverter, an autozone 1200 watt modified sine wave inverter, several old car batteries, and a tristar 45 amp charge controller. I am looking to reduce the electric bill and at some point be grid free as much as possible. I also have a Harbor frieght 45 watt pv battery charger kit. I would like to help others going down this road but the blind leading the blind thing keeps me from that at present. I own and operate a Eruropean Automotive garage in Clarksville Tennessee, and have a lot of general technical skills. I am also an A&P mechanic. I am planning two more of the same solar panels, and whatever I need to use them. Any advice at this point would be welcomed.
thanks
Dennis

Last edited by verdigo; 12-29-12 at 08:00 PM..
verdigo is offline   Reply With Quote