View Single Post
Old 12-16-12, 10:03 AM   #258
AC_Hacker
Supreme EcoRenovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostas View Post
ac_hacker yes, my thoughts exactly.
I saw those fans in a similar model that inspired my project. The advantage of this particular model is the price, roughly €65 which is very convenient. My only doubt is the air flow. A 50x100mm hose seems too narrow to do the work properly, but I guess I'll have to discover it by myself. Anyway, I can always get another pair in case one is not enough
In that case I could control two separate motors for more speed if necessary, for a total of 260W
kostas,

Are you really in Italy? I wish I was rather than in this wet gloom that is my fate in the wintertime.

Another good source for high quality fans that I discovered just yesterday, is electronics recyclers. I was down at such a shop yesterday, and saw a really choice high efficiency German ECM fan that would be absolutely perfect for a HRV project. Unfortunately, the fan I looked at had a bad bearing, but these things are used in large computer installations... only the best for large computer installations, you know. And when they upgrade, the whole system (fans and all) comes out and new systems go in (fans and all).

Best,

-AC