View Single Post
Old 10-14-12, 11:51 AM   #20
rhizomatic
Helper EcoRenovator

Having completed some roof work to stop some leaks, I contracted with a person for the dense-pack blown dry-cellulose insulation into my walls. Though they show up Thursday, I have concerns. The sales person seemed to understand all my concerns about equipment being adequate to the pressure needed. Angie's List reviews gave them an "A" rating on the basis of 100 entries. But the technician with questions has me a little concerned, so I hope someone here will give me feedback. He did not understand my questions about the equipment. He seemed not to know what I was talking about when I asked about the pressure needed for a genuine dense pack that will not settle over time. And he does not insert a hose into the voids. Instead he just has a fitting, a reducer, to allow his machine to pump the cellulose through the hole in the wall. And he won't go through the outside, behind the siding. All the work will be done with small hole inside, that they will patch. My gut tells me to cancel this appointment, but there are few contractors here that even claim to do dense-pack dry cellulose (Californians are just not big on insulation). Are his methods sound?
rhizomatic is offline   Reply With Quote