View Single Post
Old 03-12-12, 03:51 PM   #29
MetroMPG
Infrequent noob

Default Chuckle of the day: is this door straight or crooked?

This door is the punch line conclusion whenever I give friends/family a tour of Crooked Manor.

This is the "front" door - the one that goes from the living room into the porch. It's dead center in the gable end wall that faces the road.

At first glance, you may not see anything odd about it. The many panes of glass are straight and level after all, and they dominate what the eye is drawn to:

But look closer.... particularly at the outside edges of the door - the distance from the outsides of the panes to the edge...

That's not camera distortion!

They trimmed the door itself to fit inside the crooked opening while leaving the panes level. (And since the panes are still level, that tells me this was among the latest "repairs" they did to address the tilt.)

Always good for a laugh when I point that out.
Attached Images

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MetroMPG is offline   Reply With Quote