View Single Post
Old 10-30-11, 10:16 PM   #18
RK_Solar_Hopeful
Lurking Renovator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xringer View Post
What is the diversion load going to be?
Tell me more about the 'islanding inverter' too please..
Diversion load? Haven't decided yet. I think I need something variable upto about 1500watts. A hair dryer or something might work. That would balance almost 2 PV strings of power.

The islanding inverter I want use is the XW6048. Installation manual http://www.global-download.schneider-electric.com/852577A4005D7372/all/9A19F733940214AA8525781F0070D57C/$File/xw-hybrid-inverter-charger_installation-guide(975-0239-01-01_rev-e).pdf
I think it will be big enough to supply my normal house loads. Especially if I can talk the wife into using the mini split A/C systems. Gonna be tough 'cause "they are ugly"! If it saves enough power/money I think it looks good, very good. The Leaf is gorgeous!!

The details aren't firm yet due to lack of power consumption data. I have Brultech energy monitoring system that I had installed prior to the PV system install. It got removed during the service entrance upgrade and I don't want to reinstall it until after the PV system has been commissioned. After I get enough info to make a good decision, I will move forward with the purchases.

There is a new inverter that just came out that I am evaluating as well. The Outback Radian GS8048 OutBack Power / Products / Sinewave Inverter / Radian

Last edited by RK_Solar_Hopeful; 10-30-11 at 10:25 PM..
RK_Solar_Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote