View Single Post
Old 08-01-11, 01:38 PM   #112
Daox
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko_deZ View Post
Just poking my head in here too. This cross heat recovery unit has a major drawback. It sends moist air out, and dry air in. With a rotating wheel you will condense the moisture from the outgoing air, and evaporate it to the ingoing air, so you keep a decent humidity level indoors. Also, this helps against the unit freezing up. If only the outgoing air is dehumidified, there will be a build up of water, which might freeze if the outdoor temperature is cold enough. We regularly have -20 here, so even the wheel based models have some issues. My unit is made by ener(.no), and they have two large aluminium fins and a 3 way air walve that directs incoming and outgoing air back and forth between them. To my mind this should work better when it is really cold, as the hot and cold side will alternate. Also, the unit should be somthing like 93% efficient when running in low mode.

-Ko_deZ-
Do you have any diagrams of how a unit like this works? Its pretty easy to see how the others work, but I'm not understanding a rotating wheel heat exchanger. I'd certainly LOVE to have a 93% efficient unit though!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Daox; 08-01-11 at 01:42 PM..
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote