View Single Post
Old 01-28-11, 08:38 AM   #53
Drake
DIY Guy

I will certainly try(I think we are after nearly the exact same solution the simplest HP water to water heat xfer to hydronic heating). As I am seeing your impressive "proof" HP your ground loop is pumped into a barrel(I am calling that stored water) it is than pumped thru plate HX so HP can xfer to "heat" side plate HX where water is pumped thru it to holding barrel(which I think is simulating your yet uncompleted floor loop?). The pumping on either side could directly drive the water loops directly(w/ no barrels) but I like the idea of water storage tanks on each side to buffer, limit cycling(like a pressure tank does) and on ground loop side to store possibly prewater water from other sources(solar, greywater?) to increase COP. I see this needing four pumps w/ plate HX's. I wondering if direct tank to tank xfer is possible with HP and right HX's eliminating two pump loops. In an open hydronic system the loop is heated in a storage tank(any means) so feeding this tank w/ HP heat would be ideal(and serve as backup). Direct HP HX to this tank seems best. This may not be mechanically simple and and second pump loop best. Trying to follow the KISS rule.

As I have neither a ground loop or heat loop(nor will for a couple of years) I have no means to evaluate a HP beyond what you have already accomplished and an HP is not a deciding factor in going with hydronic radiant heating. Only the most efficient Tech,to date, that I know of if it can be made affordable.

I believe as I gain knowledge on refridgeration I understand the mech hdwr well but I am fully lost on the controller board you are showing. Are they for controlling power to HP and /or pumps/sensors switches or for testing data collection?(not strong on electronics).

Hope my thoughts may be helpful. They certainly aren't criticisms.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote