EcoRenovator

EcoRenovator (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/index.php)
-   Product Reviews (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Ordered a low flow shower head for the kid’s bathroom - American Standard Flowise (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3399)

pinballlooking 01-28-14 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil pan 4 (Post 35243)
Those stupid low flow shower heads barely work if you don't have really good water pressure.
I have gotten in the habit of just gutting out the flow restriction.

I have come up with 2 revolutionary ways to save water with an unrestricted shower head:
Turn down the water flow.
And the biggest one, turn the water off when you soap up.

Turned down I use less than 2 gallons per minute.
Turned up to full blast its close to 4gpm.

That comes in handy when filling a mop bucket or water jugs.

The old ones are as you describe but some of the new ones are really good.

oil pan 4 01-29-14 12:01 AM

The newest one was bought this summer and was like $55. I was very disappointed. I think all I paid for a water flow restricter hat was extra hard to defeat.

pinballlooking 01-29-14 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oil pan 4 (Post 35247)
The newest one was bought this summer and was like $55. I was very disappointed. I think all I paid for a water flow restricter hat was extra hard to defeat.

What kind was it? We have very good water pressure so that could make a difference.

oil pan 4 01-29-14 12:37 AM

I don't remember exactly what it was. All I know is we got it at lowes and it was one of the better ones.

Daox 01-29-14 07:54 AM

As stated, nobody can even tell mine is a low flow. Its just a matter of good or bad design. Is mine like standing under a waterfall? No, and I wouldn't want it to be. Does it clean me and is it comfortable? Very much so.

I personally didn't like using the WaterPik brand showerhead. It was quite expensive, and wasn't nearly as nice as my Niagara Conservation $10 showerhead. So, I think price has very little to do with it.

pinballlooking 01-29-14 11:05 AM

I agree this is one item where price does not really mater. It is all about design. Read reviews I read lots of them and I was lucky enough to go to a Hampton Inn that had my exact shower head. I was not sure how it would do in a home environment but I am pleased.
The one I got lets you have a higher flow setting for girls with long hair they need extra water to rinse with.

pinballlooking 02-12-14 12:54 PM

My sister and her husband just visited from FL for the weekend. They hate low flow shower heads. They were using the kids bathroom while they were here and I asked how they liked the shower they both liked it so I told them it was a new low flow shower head. They were very surprised and said it was best low flow show head they have tried.

Daox 02-12-14 12:59 PM

Haha, yeah I don't know how many times I've told people to switch only to see their face go sour and hear something that starts out with "but...".