EcoRenovator

EcoRenovator (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/index.php)
-   Conservation (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Chevy announced today Chevy BOLT EV (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4284)

pinballlooking 01-12-15 11:23 AM

Chevy announced today Chevy BOLT EV more than 200 EV miles

1 Attachment(s)
It will get more than 200 mile range and be priced around 30K 2017
Official Chevrolet Bolt Details - Range Of More Than 200 Miles, Starting Price Of $30,000

http://ecorenovator.org/forum/attach...1&d=1421083422

Will Tesla come out with their around 35K car before Chevy I hope so. I think Tesla's will be a bigger car.

I see lots of people with solar power not using gas cars.
A greener cleaner more cost effective travel.

gasstingy 01-12-15 12:54 PM

This vehicle would cover all of my driving, except for vacationing, without the need to charge away from home.

The thought of owning a battery electric car, complimented by our solar array just warms me right up. :D

Zwerius 01-12-15 04:04 PM

@gasstinguy: This is exactly what we do!
Over 2014, our energybill was zero! So nett use of electricity was zero.
This was including heating our house (with a heatpump) and using our EV (BMW i3).
For details, see our (Dutch) website. Google translate can help!
geen energierekening meer: energieneutraal woonhuis fam. Kriegsman Ootmarsum - Rekening energiebedrijf 2013

pinballlooking 01-12-15 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zwerius (Post 43150)
@gasstinguy: This is exactly what we do!
Over 2014, our energybill was zero! So nett use of electricity was zero.
This was including heating our house (with a heatpump) and using our EV (BMW i3).
For details, see our (Dutch) website. Google translate can help!
geen energierekening meer: energieneutraal woonhuis fam. Kriegsman Ootmarsum - Rekening energiebedrijf 2013

Very cool we are doing the same thing with our solar and a Chevy Volt.

Does your i3 have Rex Range extender?
How many miles do you have on your i3?

Zwerius 01-12-15 04:13 PM

Yes we have the range extender.
We 've got the i3 at March 10 (2014) and so far we drove a little over 10,000 km = 6250 miles. So far I used approx 5 liters of gasoline (a little over 1 Gallon...)

pinballlooking 01-12-15 04:17 PM

Thanks I was just able to translate that on your web site.
how many miles do you normally get before REX kicks in?

I love seeing other doing this how much does your gas cost there?
I bet you have some good savings so far.

Zwerius 01-13-15 01:42 AM

@pinballlooking: The Rex normally kicks in between 100 and 175 km. It's very much depending on outdoor temperature (heating and airco + specific density of the air) and driving style.
Gasprice here was just a few month's ago approx. € 1.75/litre ( $8.11/Gallon).
Now it's about € 1.55 /litre ($7.18/Gallon)
My savings are also on my website. Per 1-1-2015 it was € 1,414.- ($ 1,725.-) (since March 10th)

pinballlooking 01-13-15 01:52 AM

Very nice savings…
If the i3 was priced the same as the Chevy Volt here I would save even more with the i3
In almost 2 years we have driven the Volt 31,242 EV solar powered miles.
Mark

ecomodded 01-13-15 08:19 AM

this Bolt has just what everyone is looking for Price & Battery distance , it appears sporty as well which can only help sales.

When the 1st Volt came out some years ago it had something like a 30 mile range which displeased me. The new model with its 300 mile range has just won me over.

It's spectacularly good News for commuters.

pinballlooking 01-13-15 10:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We don’t live in town so even with 200+ EV miles we will still get or keep the Volt.

The new Volt will get 50 EV miles so in the summer I will get around 55 miles. The 2013 gets 38 miles EV and in the summer we get 40-45 we got 50 but only once or twice.
We will take the Volt to Atlanta GA sometimes that would not work with a all EV.

We drive above Charlotte NC once in a while.
We are still 82.3 % EV for the life of the car.
We don't do this that often.

The new Volt would put me at 90% or greater never wondering if I was going to make it home.

I do think any 200+ mile EV will work for a very large percentage of drivers.

You can see my car stats here.
Volt Stats: Details for Volt #2013-02615 (Flynn's Light Runner)

Here is a chart with so other 2013 high EV mile Volts.
http://ecorenovator.org/forum/attach...1&d=1421165553

ecomodded 01-13-15 12:06 PM

By the Stats the people who bought volt bought it (it appears) because the EV range is within their commute range meaning to me , the Bolt could out sell the Volt by about 500% IMO

Pinball have you found any Stats on its projected sales numbers ?

pinballlooking 01-13-15 12:13 PM

No I have not seen those numbers yet.

The Volt is the number one selling plug-in in America. But the leaf is closing in on them because so many buyers are waiting on the 2016 model. That is one bad thing about promoting the new one so much.

Of all the stuff I read I thought this on had the most insight. I actually agree with them.
http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...eans-for-tesla

pinballlooking 12-02-15 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Spy photos of the new Chevy Bolt
2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV: Production Car Spied Before 2016 CES Reveal

http://ecorenovator.org/forum/attach...1&d=1449077554
I think it looks better than the concept car.

ME_Andy 12-03-15 09:59 PM

First post-- I am very excite (as Borat would say)

Hey guys, first post here. I was planning an "intro" post when move into a new home, but the current topic is too interesting. I just have to jump in. (I'm coming from ecomodder.com)

Suffice it to say, for now, I've become interested in life & energy efficiency over the last few years. My fiance drives a 2012 Sonic (32 mpg) and I have a 2014 Cruze (41 mpg). My plan over the next few years is to upgrade my Cruze to an Elio and get her a used Volt. Used Volts are selling for an absolute song...

This stuff is great. America will really have the oil producers by the balls if we keep improving efficiency.

Andy

pinballlooking 12-03-15 10:05 PM

Welcome
You are correct. A used Volt prices are very low and it has proven to be a very dependable car.
We love ours good luck.
Mark

pinballlooking 01-07-16 11:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
http://ecorenovator.org/forum/attach...1&d=1452188408
New info
2017 Bolt EV: All-Electric Vehicle | Chevrolet
It will go into production late this year.

Daox 01-07-16 12:42 PM

If everything turns out as expected, Nissan is really going to have to up their game to keep up. The Bolt looks much better too.

jeff5may 01-07-16 04:36 PM

Next thing you know, gm will come out with an updated, electric version of the Saturn sky, to compete with tesla. It will ne named the jolt.:thumbup:
Or not.:confused:
I'd buy one if they did.

pinballlooking 01-07-16 06:21 PM

Tesla has been talking about a 200 mile + 30K after tax break for a while now. GM flexed their muscles and actually beat them to it.
Granted it is not a Tesla but they have a big dealer network if you have an issue.
I hope you see others following quickly. I hope they sell well cheap gas prices will not help that much.

AC_Hacker 01-08-16 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinballlooking (Post 48678)
Tesla has been talking about a 200 mile + 30K after tax break for a while now. GM flexed their muscles and actually beat them to it.

I think this was Tesla's plan all along, to stimulate the EV industry in general.

If Tesla got out-Tesla-ed it is a feather in their bonnet.

-AC

pinballlooking 01-08-16 08:31 AM

Yes I agree with you and without the tesla coming out with a 30K EV GM would never produced the Bolt.

Tesla entry into the 30K 200 mile EV should be bigger and faster. If they can make a 30K car profitably. Given they are making the huge battery factory I bet they can do it.

Here are lots more pictures new Bolt.
2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV First Drive Review - Motor Trend

stevehull 01-08-16 10:06 AM

Pinball,

You have had your Volt for a few years and have done exceptionally well. Do you anticipate getting a Bolt with the larger range?

Here is the undercurrent (so to speak) question. Is the per watt charging efficiency of the new Bolt better than the existing Volt. I expect the new Bolt to have a larger battery, and thus longer range. Let's assume it is four times larger. But does it require four times the kWhrs to charge it?

I have been looking for charging statistics and cannot find them. I can find times on different charging levels, but I am sure the charging efficiency is there - somewhere.

I have been told that the newer batteries have far less heat generated while recharging and thus the charging efficiency has gone way up.

Also, what do you expect of the Bolt's "200 mile" range when you factor in air conditioning, radio, headlights, etc.

Lastly, do you expect the prices of the older Volts to take a nose dive with the newer Bolt?

Our daughter lives close to work (8 miles) and I am encouraging her to look at an older EV such as the Volt or Leaf.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

pinballlooking 01-08-16 10:35 AM

No I will not get the Bolt. I just really like EV’s I really hope the take off and more people buy them. I really like all brands EV. I think combining solar and an EV it just the coolest thing. Even with the gas prices cheaper we still save a fair amount each month.

We now have 46,689 solar power EV miles so far with a total 57,950 miles.

We live outside of town so even a 200 mile range will not be enough for us. The ideal car for us would be the new Volt but with faster charging. We take our Volt to Atlanta GA, NC and think nothing of it.

If we keep our current Volt to at least 100K EV miles it will have paid for itself in savings. I hope to have it do exactly that.

Yes it has a bigger battery. The Volt battery charges in 4 hours at 3.3 Kw charging
“we’re told that the battery pack will charge in 9 hours at 32 amps and 240 volts. With a level 2 charger, the Bolt EV can get an 80-percent charge in 60 minutes “

I used volt is such a great deal. I would have bought a used one but when I got mine they were selling for very close to the price of a new one after tax incentives. (This is not true anymore.)

If you shop around you can find a used volt for a great deal the will get even cheaper soon as the 2017 Volt hits the markets in Feb.

New Chevy Bolt info.
http://www.chevrolet.com/bolt-ev-ele...16_14547493534

WyrTwister 01-21-16 08:19 AM

Projected for late 2016 . Says it is a 2017 model .

Projected 200 mile range . That would work for an in town car , but not for a road car . Not in my world .

$ 37,500 - $ 7,500 tax credit ? $ 30,000 ?

That is , out of pocket , more than twice as much as the 2015 Chevy Sonic we bought last June . Even adding in TT&L . Which the $ 30,000 does not include , either .

But to be charitable , Let us say , half the cost , ignoring TT&L for both cars . So , $ 15,000 . Figuring $ 2 a gallon for gasoline , which is more than we are currently paying . That is 7,500 gallons .

Our Sonic will average some where , around 30 mpg , combined city & highway . That gives 225,000 miles . From the difference in the cost of the 2 cars .

Please verify my math . And my logic .

But , cost wise , I do not see it . Not in my world .

Both are small cars . Both are Chevrolet .

One Electric with projected 200 mile range . I wonder is that is at 75 mph ?

The other gasoline . Range unlimited , as long as you do not run out of gas stations . Which rarely happens in my world . Or money to pay for the gas . This does happen in my world . But , not too often if I had $ 15,000 in my back pocket from the savings in the cost of the car .

Well , unlimited range is not really accurate . You have to stop ever so often to change oil , check other fluids , tires , brakes , belts , hoses , etc. . And 97,500 miles , I think , to replace the timing belt , tensioner & idler pulley . And change the transmission fluid .

Of course , I have to stop every hour or two to refill my coffee cup ( to keep awake ) , use the bathroom and stretch my old muscles and loosen up the old bones .

And cost ? For the bolt ? Electricity is not free . For a quick charge , I bet you need a new 220 - 240 VAC outlet for the charger ? Not free . Does your electrical panel have space for a new 2 pole circuit breaker ? Is your existing electrical system sufficient for the new load ?

Or , the whole electrical grid ? Which we hear is becoming out of date and in need of upgrading ? ( Consider the additional load of millions of electric cars , added to the existing electrical load ? )

Granted , if you have PV , like Pinball , this may not apply completely or very little . To him .

However , for most of us , it does .

But , to me , it is more about political correctness and hype . And , do not forget , this costs us , the tax payer , $ 7,500 a car !
:-(

This is a car I help pay for . A car I do not get to drive ! :-(

If I am all wet , feel welcome to flame me . Might help dry me out ! :-)

God bless
Wyr

PS What is the going price for the Volt ?

It , I think has a auxiliary gasoline engine . This would seem to be more practical .

More so , with higher capacity battery ? Perhaps with better fast charge characteristics ?

pinballlooking 01-21-16 08:35 AM

Before this announcement you had to buy a tesla to get this much range. That car is what 70-100 K
Putting this car out is amazing they can do this and before any other car company did anything like this range for this price.

The new Volt is coming in Feb 2016 and it will be a 2017 car very strange.

Do not feel too bad about paying for it. It is not a tax rebate it is a tax credit. So you only get to keep your own money only if you owe it. If you do not owe it you don’t get the credit. If it was a rebate then someone that paid no taxes at all would still get it back and you and I would be paying for that.
Clearly used EV’s will work out better for a lot of people. This is the first 200 + mile lower cost EV to hit the market early adopters are always going to pay more.

Look at CA pollution and Tokyo this kind of car has a place.
Most EV charge overnight this is when the grid has the most unused capacity. So this works out very well.

Battery technology is changing fast and having car companies with EV experience is very important.

I do believe ever car owner should do the math like you did to see if a EV is right for you. They will not be right for everyone.

I should add that even if you have solar power. You will still have to plan your solar capacity to cover charging a EV based on how many miles you drive a year. If you drive a lot the gas savings will outpace the other savings. Even at todays prices.

stevehull 01-21-16 10:13 AM

Wrytwister

Let's take your numbers and do the math. You use gasoline at $2/gallon, your car at average of 30 mpg. You didn't specify a yearly mileage so let's put in 15,000 miles per year.

With those numbers, the cost of just gasoline is $1,000 per year.

Now let's compare it to the Bolt. It gets 4 miles/kWhr and let's put in the national electric average of $0.10/kWhr. Same numbers of miles driven.

The Bolt "fuel cost" is $375 per year. This is a savings of $625 per year. Assume you own the car for ten years. That is a savings of $6,250.

But the ~ $6K is actually larger than that as money saved has value. Assume a 2% growth of $ and you are up to almost $10k in effective savings over ten years.

Yes, the Bolt will cost more, but I believe the average car is now about $28,000 and a $30,000 car (after tax credit) is not much more extravagant than that average cost.

Yes, you do need a charging circuit for an EV, but oil changes, filters, scheduled engine maintenance etc for a gas fueled vehicle are far more expensive in the long run.

And the rebate for an EV is not the government's money it is YOURS. This is a tax credit that lowers the federal taxes you have already had deducted from your paycheck.

As for the electric grid, remember that most cars are parked at night when the grid is least used - and when most people will charge up an EV.

Not for everyone, but compared to the 15-50 miles per charge on the existing EC/plug in cars, the Bolt with the 200 mile range is a complete game changer.

And if you have even a modest home set of PV panels, the saving is even greater.

Steve

WyrTwister 01-21-16 10:55 AM

I have told of our Sonic . The other half of the story . I have driven a company pickup for , maybe , 30 years , cost free , to me . So , we only need one car ( owned by us ) for my wife .

If I had to provide for myself , a vehicle to go to work and back , maybe an electric car would be practical , as far as range . That would equate to one short range vehicle and one long range vehicle . We could take the Sonic when going on out of town trips .

But , with EV's at $ 30,000 , new , I still do not see the numbers turning out . Not for me . If they work for the rest of you , that is fine .

By the way , out of curiosity , I did some internet searching for used Volts . Found a 2013 with about 32,000 miles for a little over $ 14,000 . I think it was in Tulsa Oklahoma . But did not save the link .

I applaud the cost of EV's coming down . How does a $ 30,000 Volt or Bolt compare to the cost of the " traditional " hybrid , like my cousin's Prius ?

You all have fun and be safe . :-)

God bless
Wyr

WyrTwister 01-21-16 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevehull (Post 48870)
Wrytwister

Let's take your numbers and do the math. You use gasoline at $2/gallon, your car at average of 30 mpg. You didn't specify a yearly mileage so let's put in 15,000 miles per year.

With those numbers, the cost of just gasoline is $1,000 per year.

Now let's compare it to the Bolt. It gets 4 miles/kWhr and let's put in the national electric average of $0.10/kWhr. Same numbers of miles driven.

The Bolt "fuel cost" is $375 per year. This is a savings of $625 per year. Assume you own the car for ten years. That is a savings of $6,250.

But the ~ $6K is actually larger than that as money saved has value. Assume a 2% growth of $ and you are up to almost $10k in effective savings over ten years.

Yes, the Bolt will cost more, but I believe the average car is now about $28,000 and a $30,000 car (after tax credit) is not much more extravagant than that average cost.

Yes, you do need a charging circuit for an EV, but oil changes, filters, scheduled engine maintenance etc for a gas fueled vehicle are far more expensive in the long run.

And the rebate for an EV is not the government's money it is YOURS. This is a tax credit that lowers the federal taxes you have already had deducted from your paycheck.

As for the electric grid, remember that most cars are parked at night when the grid is least used - and when most people will charge up an EV.

Not for everyone, but compared to the 15-50 miles per charge on the existing EC/plug in cars, the Bolt with the 200 mile range is a complete game changer.

And if you have even a modest home set of PV panels, the savings is even greater.

Steve

I am not saying the energy cost for our Sonic is less than for a Bolt , or even a Volt .

What I am saying is I am cheap and the $ 15,000 + cost savings in the purchase price , at $ 2 a gallon for gasoline , represents over 225,000 miles .

If you wish to pay $ 28,000 - $ 30,000 for a car , that is fine . It is your money to spend as you see best . But I have no plan to pay that much for any kind of car .

You all have fun and stay safe .

God bless
Wyr

gasstingy 01-21-16 11:29 AM

I'd like to take a crack at this one, since I own a 2010 Prius and commute 39.6 round trip miles daily and my brother in law {Alan} owns a 2012 Volt and commutes ~ 64 round trip miles daily.

By driving conservatively in the Prius, my usual mpg range is between 51 and 55 mpg. Our annual road trip to Dallas this year {775 miles each way} netted just over 46 mpg. That's at 73 mph interstate and when possible following big trucks with a 1 & 1/2 second following distance, just far enough back to see the trucks mirrors.

After about a year of ownership, Alan started driving more conservatively in a sort of competition with my sister to see who could squeeze the most AER out of the Volt. In no-heater-operation weather, he manages about 52 miles AER and running the heat, range drops to as low as 25 miles on occasion.

If I drove a Volt (and excluding my road trip), I could commute about 45 weeks out of the year gas free. The worst days, I'd have to fuel the Volt (he gets right at 40 mpg of Premium gas} for maybe 15 miles of my commute. As far as the road trip, I'd drop from ~ 46 mpg of regular gas to ~40 mpg of premium gas, but that would in no way make up for the tremendous amount of money I'd save the rest of the time. Our electric rates are ~ $0.12 per kWh and I'd go through ~ $1.56 in electric daily. At present gas prices, $1.53/gallon this morning, I'd lose money compared to the Prius.

With all that said, if I needed a replacement car today, a late model used Volt would be at the very top of my list. I can't help it, the Volt is just so quick and so nice a car.

pinballlooking 01-21-16 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyrTwister (Post 48871)

By the way , out of curiosity , I did some internet searching for used Volts . Found a 2013 with about 32,000 miles for a little over $ 14,000 . I think it was in Tulsa Oklahoma . But did not save the link .

You all have fun and be safe . :-)

God bless
Wyr

This is the sweet deal I have seen they as low a 10K then if you and add some solar to this and it is a winner. It can be a winner even without solar.

The next step is having batteries that are replaced in the cars coming to my home to store solar. they can live a long life providing my house cheap storage. I hope that day comes and maybe I cut the grid tie.

hamsterpower 01-21-16 12:45 PM

Also consider WHY gas is at historic low prices now. My theory is that many mid-east oil companies are selling at extreme losses now to bankrupt the American oil companies that recently made big investments to up their output. Last year they started exporting again. When the American companies default on their loans, look out. There is only one place this can go. A big rebound in a year or two. I expect at least $5/gal or more, much more in a decade.

stevehull 01-21-16 01:40 PM

Hamster,

Sadly, I agree with you on the future price of gasoline and other oil derived products (plastics, fertilizers, etc).

We have already seen gasoline at ~ $4+ a gallon here in Oklahoma a few summers ago. Within a short time, I expect the price to blow through that and be in the $6-7/gallon range in the states.

Even higher, if the mid-east has another serious conflict.

Those price levels will make the EV market simply explode. I hope we are both wrong and that more moderate prices will prevail.

But sadly, I don't think we are wrong . . . . history indicates we are spot on.

Steve

gasstingy 01-21-16 02:09 PM

Agree with temporary low pricing and the relationship to our oil industry.

I think they are trying to drive the electric vehicles away by being able to say that EVs cost as much to operate as a fuel efficient ICE vehicle.

I also think it is a great thing if it kills the fracking industry at the same time. More so because it is the Federal Government {as in we who pay taxes} that will have to pick up the bill to fix the leaking wells that are contaminating our groundwater.

At some point, they'll tighten the supply and oil prices will skyrocket. Those who have a high fuel economy ICE and especially those with electrified transport will be in far better shape than those who traded fuel efficiency for a full size pickup truck when the petroleum prices fell. All will feel some pinch though, because IMHO, we move far to much freight long distances with over the road trucks when we should be building a far more expansive rail network and moving long haul freight by (hopefully electrified) rail.

WyrTwister 01-21-16 02:19 PM

I think current oil prices have more to do with global politics , than other things .

I too think it will go up sooner or latter . I just hope the low oil prices do not trigger WWIII . It has put Russia in a real financial bind ! That is what I read , anyway .

You are 100% correct , your Hybrids and EV's look better , the more $$$ oil / gasoline becomes . Especially if you are charging them via PV .

As far as gas mileage goes , let me leave you some food for thought . We bought a 1989 Cavalier in 1990 . It had been on the lot for a year . So , we got a good deal on it .

It had a 4 cylinder and automatic w/ A/C . Highway driving with the 55 mph speed limit , it would get 35 mpg in the winter & 30 mpg summer with the A/C running . ( Passing someone with the A/C running was some what of an adventure . )

Fast forward to the 2015 Sonic . 1.8 L 4 cylinder , which is a little smaller than the Caviler , DOHC , variable valve timing & intake runner length ( I think ) . Multi port FI , instead of TBFI , tons more computer processing capability .

The Sonic gets about 24 - 26 mpg in town , winter is better than summer . 34 - 37 mpg highway , 75 mph w/ A/C . This is an improvement from 1989 , but with all the technology that they have added , is it really that much better ?

We have owned about 4 - 5 V-6 GM cars that would do 30 + mpg highway , in larger / heavier cars .

I know a manual transmission car would probably get a little better mpg . But my Wife can not drive a manual . I tried , once to teach her . I am not going to try to repeat that endeavor . :-(

God bless
Wyr

WyrTwister 01-21-16 02:38 PM

Fracking . Absolutely the last thing I would ever worry about . Oil formations are thousands of feet deeper than potable water formations w/ many layers / formations separating them . Impervious formations . That is why the oil & gas are trapped where they are . In " pockets " large enough to be commercial viable quantities .

None of the anti's ever mention this . This falls into the politically correct mania , along with the global warning panic . Oh , did you know that 20th century man is responsible for the extinction of the unicorns . Oh my !

Now , I have family in Oklahoma . Oklahoma has been having earthquakes the last few years . Some blame them on faking . I do not know . I do no we have not been having earthquakes around our area .

You can believe what you wish .

God bless
Wyr

jeff5may 01-21-16 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WyrTwister (Post 48880)
Fracking . Absolutely the last thing I would ever worry about . Oil formations are thousands of feet deeper than potable water formations w/ many layers / formations separating them . Impervious formations . That is why the oil & gas are trapped where they are . In " pockets " large enough to be commercial viable quantities .

None of the anti's ever mention this . This falls into the politically correct mania , along with the global warning panic . Oh , did you know that 20th century man is responsible for the extinction of the unicorns . Oh my !

Now , I have family in Oklahoma . Oklahoma has been having earthquakes the last few years . Some blame them on faking . I do not know . I do no we have not been having earthquakes around our area .

You can believe what you wish .

God bless
Wyr

I wish I had such a rosy view of the current situation and the future of the USA (and the world in general) as you do. Just because things are looking great today does not mean they will stay that way. In fact, the better things stay in good shape, the higher the odds stack up against us all. In the not so distant past, changes took a fair amount of time to come about. Today, changes for the worse tend ti happen suddenly and severely.

The doomsday preppers and the anti-frackers are not the kind of radical sorts of people the mass media portrays them to be. Many of these individuals are normal people who have had intimate, life altering experiences. Rather than ignore the obvious, they have learnt the hard way and have developed the kind of resolve you just can't get by reading about these subjects. It is the same kind of resolve that war veterans get on a live battlefield. It would be best to respect these individuals, they may be saving you later.

WyrTwister 01-22-16 12:03 AM

I have nothing bad to say about preppers .

I absolutely know the world , as we know it , is coming to an end . I absolutely do not know when .

God bless
Wyr

pinballlooking 01-28-16 05:44 PM

More good Bolt info
2017 Chevrolet Bolt Review - First Drive - AutoGuide.com News

A few quotes that I liked.

It has 60 kWh lithium-ion battery

The electric motor is good for 266 lb-ft of instant torque and 200 hp, making this Bolt feel like a quiet little hot hatch off the line.

240-volt charger, and can charge up to 25 miles of range per hour of charge. The Bolt will also offer an optional DC Fast Charging system using the industry standard SAE Combo connector. Using DC Fast Charging, the Bolt EV battery can be charged for up to 90 miles of range in 30 minutes.

pinballlooking 03-24-16 07:56 PM

The first preproduction Bolts have come off the line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qt4iUjpjeU

The Future Of EV: All-Electric 2017 Bolt | Chevrolet

pinballlooking 04-12-16 04:39 PM

Some more Bolt info
2017 Bolt EV: All-Electric Vehicle | Chevrolet