EcoRenovator

EcoRenovator (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/index.php)
-   Solar Power (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   my diy pv set-up (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/showthread.php?t=316)

Daox 06-01-09 07:50 AM

Haha, its the 'ol mod fever. The more you mod, the more mods you want/need to make! :)

b4u2 06-05-09 08:00 AM

I built my own 100W panel last month. I just ordered an Emphases inverter last night. I found a site that has good prices on them. It's nice to find another DIY'er that is starting small like I will. I don't have thousands of dollars to start this project but this is great because I can add to it as I can afford it. Did you have to buy the AC install branch kit?

b4u2 06-05-09 08:14 AM

JWXR7 are you using the P4400 Kill A Watt meter?

groar 06-07-09 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4u2 (Post 3210)
I built my own 100W panel last month. I just ordered an Emphases inverter last night. I found a site that has good prices on them. It's nice to find another DIY'er that is starting small like I will. I don't have thousands of dollars to start this project but this is great because I can add to it as I can afford it. Did you have to buy the AC install branch kit?

Hi b4u2, and welcome on-board.

Tell us more about your project. Don't hesitate to create your own thread and flood us with details ;)

Denis.

jwxr7 06-07-09 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b4u2 (Post 3210)

Cool, My Kill-A-Watt is the P4400.

b4u2 06-07-09 07:33 PM

I use my pocket pc phone a lot during the day and the word predictor likes to really mess up my words LOL. I may start a thread when I start building my second panel. I built the first one just to see how it would turn out. I am not real sure if I like the design I came up with but it works. I am trying to find cheaper ways to build it. I would like to have more power output from the panel but the larger cells cost so much it's not worth it. A lot of the free instructions online are not very detailed and I want to make good instructions with pictures.
JWXR7 maybe you would share your cheaper way of setting up the wiring of the Enphase inverter? :) The company I ordered the inverter thru says there on back-order so I have no idea when I will get it now.

jwxr7 06-08-09 12:22 PM

good luck!

b4u2 06-11-09 08:29 AM

since I am building my own panels I can use whatever cables will work for me. the company I ordered my inverter thru went out of business & cancelled my order so I will have to order from somewhere else now. I have this 24v 100W panel & I can't do anything with it.

b4u2 06-11-09 08:35 AM

I checked my TOU meter & it is a GE KVs model. I watched the display & it does not give me all the readings I want so I am going to see if I can get that changed. the main thing I want is to be able to see instantaneous use. when I flip the switch on my solar system I want to see the number drop. plus I can look for things to kill that are drawing power when I don't need them to.

Daox 06-11-09 09:40 AM

You could use your 24V panel to charge two deep cycle 12V batteries in series. Then all you would need is a 24V inverter to run AC devices.