EcoRenovator

EcoRenovator (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/index.php)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Login timeout (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1363)

osolemio 01-03-11 05:52 AM

Login timeout

When I log into this forum, I will be logged out again after something like 5 minutes. From previous bitter experience, I have a habit of marking all text and copying, before pressing any "submit" button. If it takes me longer time to reply to a post here on EcoRenovator, I surely have to log in again, and the paste my reply back into a new post.

Do I need to change some cookie behavior? Other sites will remember my login using cookies, for weeks without problems.

Daox 01-03-11 06:10 AM

If cookies are enabled I don't think you should have this problem. I just click the 'remember me' checkbox and I stay logged in.

Is anyone else having login problems?

osolemio 01-03-11 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 10845)
If cookies are enabled I don't think you should have this problem. I just click the 'remember me' checkbox and I stay logged in.

Is anyone else having login problems?

I do click that, but there is no difference.

I wonder if I can make some manual setting which will make it work?

strider3700 01-03-11 11:12 AM

I sort of have issues at times but it seems to be browser dependent. using chrome sometimes it can't find ecorenovator.org forcing me to use into Ecofriendly DIY Home Projects. once there I log in it says thank you and drops me back at the login screen needing to log in again. I don't get this behaviour if I'm using other machines. It also only recently started up so I think an update in chrome is what broke it. I'm just waiting for the next one to come out before getting serious about figuring it out.

Piwoslaw 01-03-11 01:24 PM

Osolemio, you beat me to this thread!
I've also noticed that I get logged out of ER within 5-10 minutes unless I keep clicking something all the time. I've learned to use the preview quite often when writing a reply, and to copy what I've written, just in case.

EcoModder.com keeps me logged in much longer (20-30 minutes?) before logging me out, and I don't use the 'Remember me' option on either site.

MetroMPG 01-03-11 04:42 PM

vBulletin first advises that you log out, delete all cookies, clear your cache, close the browser.

Then open the browser and log in again being sure to use the "remember me" checkbox.

MetroMPG 01-03-11 04:47 PM

Note: they also say "Chrome (browser) is a known problem" regarding this behaviour.

RobertSmalls 01-03-11 06:21 PM

I had to manually whitelist this site in Mozilla's cookie settings under Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Exceptions.

Clev 01-03-11 06:57 PM

I had this problem for a while with Firefox; I never did anything to fix it so I guess it was a Firefox update that fixed it for me.