EcoRenovator

EcoRenovator (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/index.php)
-   Product Reviews (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   HydroRight Dual Flush Toilet Conversion (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1080)

Daox 07-09-14 12:20 PM

I've also had zero issues with the HydroRight.

If you're having issues with not enough flush power, I'd try to raise the water level in the tank as high as possible (more pressure head). As for the sealing, I'm not sure. Mine have been leak free since install. Just make sure your zip ties are tight and push it down.

natethebrown 07-09-14 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 39060)
I've also had zero issues with the HydroRight.

If you're having issues with not enough flush power, I'd try to raise the water level in the tank as high as possible (more pressure head). As for the sealing, I'm not sure. Mine have been leak free since install. Just make sure your zip ties are tight and push it down.

That is part of the problem, I cannot raise the water level in the tank any higher because the water level is already at the top of the tank fill tube. I will give it one more go at adjusting and checking everything out to try to stop the leak, and after that I am going to give up. I really don't have the time to keep messing with it, right now.

pinballlooking 07-09-14 12:47 PM

This is a good video of how to adjust one.
Dual Flush Kit Setup and Adjustments - YouTube

wuck 10-20-14 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natethebrown (Post 39057)
I hate to be negative but I am about to return my Dual Flush Converter.

I am getting tired of trying to adjust it to get it to seal properly.

I installed one of these a few years back on a 30-something year old toilet. Although the installation went OK, I found the valve would creep up on the standpipe causing a slow leak and random flushing, even with the zip ties securely tightened. After redoing the install a couple of times, I just cleaned/dried the flapper valve seat and used silicon/rtv to glue the assembly down. From then on it worked great.

I replaced the toilet due to a bath remodel recently, but it was all still working.

Pat

Mikesolar 10-21-14 05:58 PM

A friend of mine went back to the future (or a blast from the past). He took an old toilet and made a copper (actually thin wall brass) pipe that joined the bowl with the tank and raised the tank to near the ceiling. He uses very little water, has a neat retro toilet with a pull chain flush. Quite cool.

Daox 11-17-14 11:40 AM

While I'm sure its a bit less convenient to install, I'm sure that you would have a much better flushing toilet with the raised tank.

eternity 09-05-16 07:48 PM

Issue with flush valve base fitting

3 Attachment(s)
I have not much experience on plumbing and this is my second project by myself.

I bought two Danco HYR270 HydroRight for my both toilet.
Changing the first one was easy and everything seems to be working as expected.

I am facing some trouble while installing the second one as the flush valve base is not fitting into the hole properly.

The flush hole seems to be bigger than the other one and base of flush valve does not fit properly around the tilted side. And if I try to pull it to fit in, I see the holder to overflow pipe is not correctly fitting.

Please refer to the attached pictures for better understanding.

I am not sure how to proceed further.
And I have following questions:
  • Is there any cushion rubber or something like that available in market which can convert the hole size for Hydroright flush valve base
  • If I need to change the old flush valve (with overflow pipe), can I do it with a smaller hole size valve?

I asked homedepot guy but he could not answer and he asked to check web or youtube :)

Any suggestion or answer to this problem is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Regards,
TKG

pinballlooking 09-05-16 09:41 PM

That looks like a 3” flush valve. It does not work with a 3” flush valve.