EcoRenovator

EcoRenovator (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/index.php)
-   Conservation (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Do you use rechargable batteries? (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/showthread.php?t=199)

cmittle 11-14-08 02:40 PM

It looks like these are individual. Of course I haven't held them in my hand so I can't be 100% sure of that.

NiHaoMike 11-14-08 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmittle (Post 1148)
It looks like these are individual. Of course I haven't held them in my hand so I can't be 100% sure of that.

Those are intended for standby and low use applications such as emergency flashlights, power backup for thermostats, clocks, etc. They are not rechargeable but do indeed last a very long time in the right application.

PaleMelanesian 11-17-08 02:06 PM

Just using a few. Sanyo eneloop "hybrid" nimh in AA format, for the camera. Loving them. They hold their charge in storage, and have high capacity in use, as well. Based on the performance of these, I'm looking at buying more AA and some AAA as well.

(bought from amazon)

Daox 11-17-08 02:53 PM

Where did you purchase yours PaleMelanseian?

groar 11-17-08 04:15 PM

I use rechargeable batteries where the consumption will empty it in less than a week.

Where the consumption empties the batteries in more than 6 months I use only regular batteries.

Strange, I can't find in my memory any object that empties his batteries in more than a week and less than 6 months.

I have to confess than I never thought about that more than that. I metered the consumption to recharge the rechargeable batteries and it was less than 0.01€, ie less than 0.1kWh for 4xAA 2700mAh.

Denis.

PaleMelanesian 11-18-08 01:25 PM

Amazon.com. They sell everything.

I did the calculations, comparing purchase price, energy density, and power to recharge. After 10-15 uses, rechargables come out ahead.

truckncycle 11-18-08 02:15 PM

I use rechargeable batteries in our outdoor thermometer and indoor receiving station. They go through batteries monthly otherwise. I bought a 15 minute charger which makes it much less of a hassle. I also occasionally use them in my camera.

larryrose11 12-03-08 07:24 PM

We use them just about everywhere except 9V, which are in the smoke detectors, and the multi-meter. I recycle them out of the smoke detectors and into the multi-meters (2 of them).

I have had verry good luck with the energizer AA (2450 mAh) and AAA (800 mAh)
a good charger makes a big differeng in battery life. I use a LaCross BC900. The refresh part is cool. It will discharge a cell to .95V, and carge it back up, keeping track of the energy in, and then repeats untill the energy in is within 5% of the last time. I have had it bring back old cells.
LA CROSSE BC-900 Battery Charger w/ LCD DisplayDeluxe Travel..

groar 12-04-08 03:55 AM

Thanks for the tip larryrose11, and welcome on-board.

Do you think that the rechargeable batteries will have more cycles thanks to such a charger ?

Denis.

bbjsw10 12-04-08 11:15 PM

Everything in my home has rechargable's. I broke down at tax return time last year and bought about $250 worth of them. I have an 7 yr. old son and all toys take batteries anymore. All-battery.com is a good place to get them.