EcoRenovator

EcoRenovator (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/index.php)
-   Geothermal & Heat Pumps (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   12,000btu fuji (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3437)

Mikesolar 01-21-14 08:21 PM

12,000btu fuji

Right then....12000btu Fujitsu ductless in my shop. Popped in while the temps were -18C outside and checked the current on the unit....6.5A on each leg.

Anyone got a 1 ton to compare against? Might not be a fair comparison as I lost a bit of oil and doubtless a bit of gas as well over the recent cold spell.

WyrTwister 01-22-14 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikesolar (Post 34967)
Right then....12000btu Fujitsu ductless in my shop. Popped in while the temps were -18C outside and checked the current on the unit....6.5A on each leg.

Anyone got a 1 ton to compare against? Might not be a fair comparison as I lost a bit of oil and doubtless a bit of gas as well over the recent cold spell.

Is yours 240 VAC ( single phase ) ?

I installed a 13 SEER 12,000 mini split A/C - Heat Pump , this summer . It is 120 VAC . Pulls about 10 amps , this last summer . Have not checked the amperage this winter ?

Does your Fujitsu heet well at -18C ? My HP starts to strain and take a long time to cycle off beginning around 25F .

God bless
Wyr

Mikesolar 01-22-14 08:46 AM

The Fuji is a 24 seer unit, IIRC 10.2 HSPF. 240Vac

It is not straining to heat but it doesn't seem to be shutting off so i couldn't tell you if it is near its limit. I don't have a basic air thermometer in the shop but I should get one.

WyrTwister 01-22-14 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikesolar (Post 34976)
The Fuji is a 24 seer unit, IIRC 10.2 HSPF. 240Vac

It is not straining to heat but it doesn't seem to be shutting off so i couldn't tell you if it is near its limit. I don't have a basic air thermometer in the shop but I should get one.

My 13 SEER unit cycles , like a traditional A/C unit . My understanding is the high SEER units use a different technology .

The outside unit has sophisticated electronics to monitor the temps and pressures and the ability to modulate the power . The compressor is made to run at variable speed , paired up with the electronics .

The net results is , in stead of cycling the system off and on , the compressor changes speed with changing load .

So , your system may be slowing down , in stead of cycling ?

If your system is pulling 6.5 amps of 240 VAC , that comes down to a little greater wattage than my unit with 10 amps at 120 VAC , for cool ?

Not what I would guess for your high SEER unit ?

God bless
Wyr

Mikesolar 01-22-14 09:56 AM

Unfortunately it isn't a good comparison because the conditions are totally different. Maybe Xringer could chime in too or anyone else as well.

WyrTwister 01-22-14 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikesolar (Post 34993)
Unfortunately it isn't a good comparison because the conditions are totally different. Maybe Xringer could chime in too or anyone else as well.

Using his data 6.5 amps x 240 VAC = 1560 watts .

My data 10 amps x 120 VAC = 1200 watts .

Admittedly , my data was summer time cooling , his winter heating .

But amps is amps , volts is volts and watts is watts .

I noticed he was quoting temperature in Centigrade / Celsius . I quoted temperature in Fahrenheit . So , he may be on the other side of the pond ? Or may be our northern neighbor ?

But no matter where we happen to be located on the globe , Newtonian physics seems to work pretty much the same .

God bless
Wyr

randen 01-22-14 01:30 PM

Fujitsu rival

1 Attachment(s)
Mikesolar

A homemade GSHP running on BBQ propane 2.5 T, and your familiar with it.

7.3 Amp @ 230 Volt 1 ph.

Just for comparison.

The O/S air temp -24 Deg C. Shop temp dips to 12 Deg. C Recovers to 16 Deg. by lunch time. Could use a little larger unit!!!

Randen

http://ecorenovator.org/forum/attach...i-install1-jpg

Mikesolar 01-23-14 06:50 AM

The issue is the the spread between indoor condensing temp (pressure) the evap temp (which in my case is -20C). Randen has a GSHP so the temp difference will naturally be narrower at -20C outdoor and current will be lower for the same pot.

Even the AHRI couldn't figure out how to measure efficiency with inverter systems, for the longest time. I guess that means that my value of 6.5A/leg is kind of irrelevant as it is just a snapshot in time.

WyrTwister 01-23-14 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikesolar (Post 35033)
The issue is the the spread between indoor condensing temp (pressure) the evap temp (which in my case is -20C). Randen has a GSHP so the temp difference will naturally be narrower at -20C outdoor and current will be lower for the same pot.

Even the AHRI couldn't figure out how to measure efficiency with inverter systems, for the longest time. I guess that means that my value of 6.5A/leg is kind of irrelevant as it is just a snapshot in time.

What do your specs say as far as max run amps ?

You are correct , an an inverter system , the 6.5 amps may be though of as a snap shot of what it is doing as that specific time .

Did you measure the amperage going in ? The amperage going to the compressor would be difficult to calculate into watts . And it would not include the energy consumption of the fans .

Best of luck . :-)

God bless
Wyr

jeff5may 01-25-14 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikesolar (Post 34967)

How did you lose oil and gas?