EcoRenovator

EcoRenovator (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/index.php)
-   Conservation (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Pestblock (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4025)

slrpro02 12-11-14 11:29 AM

Pestblock

Was wondering if anyone has used GREAT STUFF PestBlock Insulating Foam Sealant ???
If you have used it or know of any real life reviews I would like to know.
I have looked all over the net 0 reviews.
Don't want to spend extra if it don't work good enough to justify the extra cost.
THANKS

Daox 12-11-14 11:31 AM

What issues do you have that you want to use it? I've never even heard of it.

slrpro02 12-11-14 12:16 PM

I really don't have any issues as of yet, but I'm going to be insulating my house with either a spray foam kit or solid foam. I'm thinking of using this to spray the edges of wall studs & other places.
I do get a lot of spiders in the basement & a few elsewhere & ants. When I do the basement that will probably resolve most of those problems.
My main goal is to discourage any entry from pests.
If my Daughter even sees a spider, she gets sick- literally. She actually has a hard time breathing & starts throwing-up.

slrpro02 12-11-14 12:20 PM

It is fairly new to the market. Home depot, Lowes, Amazon, & other places sell it, however zero reviews so far.

mackstann 12-15-14 05:19 PM

As far as I know it's like the standard Great Stuff except it has a bittering agent to deter rodents from chewing through it.

slrpro02 12-15-14 06:53 PM

But does it work & for how long? That's what I'm wondering.

Geo NR Gee 12-17-14 09:30 AM

Spray foam pest block works great for keeping mice out! My mother's house is located next to a large field. She was getting mice in the house on a regular basis. When they started developing the field, I had to come over and clean the snap traps every couple of days.

I found the critters chewed through the regular gap filling foam and so I filled it with the pest block and haven't had a problem since. Its been over 6 months now and not a problem.

As for spiders, look at your windows. Mine have these small openings at the bottom of the windows to allow fresh air in and maybe let out the moisture. On mine they go directly outside and I can feel the airflow. Maybe check that?

Also, I found gaps in the registers from the heating ducts from under the house. The spiders/critters get in through the vents under the house and find there way up those small cracks. I have since sealed them. I have heard of folks placing a couple cans of the pest spray bombs under the house to kill them there.

slrpro02 12-17-14 12:34 PM

Thanks Geo- Good info.

philb 12-17-14 01:13 PM

I've had issues with large rats digging their way into my well house. I filled the holes with triple expanding foam. They dug a second hole next to the original hole and went in anyway. None has tried to dig out the foam however.