EcoRenovator

EcoRenovator (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/index.php)
-   Forum News & Feedback (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Forum restructuring (https://ecorenovator.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1243)

Clev 11-12-10 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daox (Post 9330)
Clev, when I use the link at the bottom of the main page it works fine. When I use the one in the 'quick links' menu I get your error. Does it work the same for you?

Yup. Must be a change in the way vB handles marking messages as read. I have a link in my bookmarks bar that is the same link as your 'quick links' link. The link at the bottom of the page also includes a hash that apparently is now necessary.

mrd 11-13-10 07:57 PM

There are a few air source heat pump threads listed under the 'geothermal' topic.. perhaps it could be simply 'heat pump'? I'm trying to determine where to start a thread on an ASHP right now actually.. :)

Daox 11-14-10 07:08 AM

Yeah, I thought about that earlier and decided just to add heat pump discussion to the description below the forum name. Apparently thats not enough to stop all confusion. I guess I'll do something else there. Thanks for the input mrd.

Big Al 11-14-10 10:48 AM

Suggestions all seem good to me. More Green p0wer to your elbow

Big Al 11-14-10 10:55 AM

Still wishing you power and testing my new signature...................hey it worked.

Piwoslaw 03-18-11 02:28 AM

What do you guys think about a new sub-forum dedicated to tools and programs related to saving energy?

This would be where we could discuss different spreadsheats, programs and calculators, both downloadable and online, kill-a-watt's and TED's, IR thermometers and other thermo-imagery, data logging, etc.

AC_Hacker 03-18-11 02:07 PM

Yes to Tool Thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piwoslaw (Post 12523)
What do you guys think about a new sub-forum dedicated to tools and programs related to saving energy?

I think that this is a great idea & I have requested it in the past.

I also think that a 'tools' thread (like welders, lathes, mills, etc. that greatly expand a person's ability to make and innovate new solutions would be a good idea too.

I have gotten the impression that quite a few folks on this forum don't have a very large set of tool, or of tool skills and don't realize the ability-magnifying quality of tools.

I have met quite a few women who suddenly discovered that tools enable you to do things, and it literately changed their lives.

-AC_Hacker

Piwoslaw 03-18-11 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC_Hacker (Post 12531)
I think that this is a great idea & I have requested it in the past.

Now I know why it's been floating around in my head.

So 'Tools' should be further subdivided into 'Software' and 'Hardware'.

One thing I would be afraid of is that the line between "Eco-tools" and "Tools that can be used in an eco way" is not well defined. A wind speed meter is no doubt for eco projects, but a welder or wire stripper is much more general and we might not want to use up the server for things like that.

S-F 03-18-11 05:45 PM

Yeah! Tools forum. Great idea. Both tools for manipulating data and the physical world.

Daox 03-19-11 05:04 PM

I can add a Tools forum. I'm hesitant to further sub-divide it though. If it becomes wildly popular, we can always break it up.