EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Search Forums
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Robl
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 06-19-22, 04:40 AM
Replies: 4
Views: 29,945
Posted By Robl
We have on roof PV, which keeps out a lot of...

We have on roof PV, which keeps out a lot of heat. We also have mvhr, which automatically heat excahnges or bypasses- it doesn’t handle huge amounts of air though. We keep windows closed on hot...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 06-15-22, 02:52 PM
Replies: 4
Views: 29,945
Posted By Robl
Hi Phil I’m sure it’s something you could do,...

Hi Phil
I’m sure it’s something you could do, there’s lots of different kit out there though - if you’re buying new is there anything you can use directly?

There are several small capacity (700W...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 04-02-22, 03:31 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 21,525
Posted By Robl
Looking harder at the compressor datasheet, it...

Looking harder at the compressor datasheet, it has 3 possible starter configurations. And one of them is slightly higher efficiency - not a lot, but I'm chasing anything I can get here! This new...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 03-30-22, 09:48 AM
Replies: 2
Views: 7,975
Posted By Robl
If the HX (usually a Brazed Plate Heat Exchanger,...

If the HX (usually a Brazed Plate Heat Exchanger, BPHE) is inside the outdoor unit, then it is simpler to make gastight. Most domestic A2W systems in the UK are monobloc like this; They are cheaper,...
Forum: Conservation 03-08-22, 02:37 AM
Replies: 22
Views: 36,767
Posted By Robl
External heat sources like monobloc ashp, or...

External heat sources like monobloc ashp, or pipes that might freeze up, could be protected from frost damage with an anti freeze valve. Its just a valve at the lowest point in the plumbing, that...
Forum: Wind Power 03-02-22, 04:06 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 11,323
Posted By Robl
There's probably a way of getting small amounts...

There's probably a way of getting small amounts of power, useful for some monitoring or similar activity. Think wearable technologies, or "energy harvesting" (google it) - there's all sorts of...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 02-16-22, 09:28 AM
Posted By Robl
I started off with a fire extinguisher that...

I started off with a fire extinguisher that somebody gave me. Don't do that though, it was a mistake on my part - there's all sorts of other rubbish in fire extinguisher gas, so it doesn't...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 02-16-22, 07:00 AM
Posted By Robl
The propane was pure, just R290 - in fact just...

The propane was pure, just R290 - in fact just search R290 in ebay. I got it from ebay uk, they called it: "Embraco compressor R290 gas 370 GRAM REFRIGERANT CANISTER CYLINDER BOTTLE"

The...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 01-03-22, 10:04 AM
Posted By Robl
I've just about finished my ground-source...

I've just about finished my ground-source heatpump project, it's installed and been running well for the last 3 weeks here - it provides all the heating for our house now, and the gas boiler has been...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 09-12-21, 10:21 AM
Posted By Robl
I've run the rig a few times now logging data,...

I've run the rig a few times now logging data, and analysed the data a bit better now, taking into account losses of the 27litre water tank to air - I did this by only running the circulation pump...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 09-10-21, 05:57 AM
Posted By Robl
I finished the heatpump build, pressure tested...

I finished the heatpump build, pressure tested with CO2, vacuumed it & filled it with propane, then turned on the heatpump for the first time yesterday!
I charged it with the pump on, aiming for...
Forum: Conservation 07-26-21, 08:17 AM
Replies: 575
Views: 1,133,344
Posted By Robl
Continuing describing the system we have, in case...

Continuing describing the system we have, in case it's helpful:
It's a Vent Axia Sentinel Kinetic Plus BH unit, which was the biggest I could fit through the loft hatch. Bigger meaning it runs...
Forum: Conservation 07-22-21, 01:11 AM
Replies: 575
Views: 1,133,344
Posted By Robl
We have a commercial mvhr which gives good...

We have a commercial mvhr which gives good efficiency of 90%. It’s got plastic sheets as the counterflow heat exchanger, as they're more efficient than metal. The fans are dc speed controlled. ...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 07-20-21, 07:40 AM
Posted By Robl
DIY W2W heatpump

We now have a relatively well insulated house in the UK, needing a peak of 1.5kW over the last year to keep it warm in the coldest of weather. That would be 1.5kW of heat continuously on for 24hours...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14