EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Search Forums
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: Drake
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 02-01-18, 10:23 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 10,464
Posted By Drake
I plan to do in floor(concrete) loop design as...

I plan to do in floor(concrete) loop design as BBP described, closer spaced exterior to wider interior runs in sq spirals, as it will also help redistribute direct passive solar gain from direct...
Forum: Conservation 04-10-17, 08:42 PM
Replies: 2
Views: 4,843
Posted By Drake
Insulating window inserts

Last year someone asked for photo of how I skinned extra screen inserts with window stretch wrap for extra insulation over winter. I remembered before I stored them this year. I skinned both sides...
Forum: Conservation 02-02-17, 10:12 PM
Replies: 575
Views: 1,133,834
Posted By Drake
Long tube in tube DIY xchgr

Came across a Utube vid by Tom Heylen 'DIY air heat exchanger - PVC pipe and soda cans'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baHbOtkbgwY who has built very much what I was thinking of designing. VERY...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 11-04-15, 06:02 PM
Replies: 34
Views: 16,679
Posted By Drake
The roof has been one of the greatest personal...

The roof has been one of the greatest personal engineering challenges of my construction experience. On the existing cabin I built trusses and raised them up on side with the aid of existing large...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 11-04-15, 12:37 PM
Posted By Drake
Just wrapping up season two of construction, all...

Just wrapping up season two of construction, all above ground this year. I didn't get fully inclosed so I could temp heat and work inside for winter but I got the roof complete which was my priority...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 08-13-15, 02:01 PM
Posted By Drake
I am working like mad man to get a roof over the...

I am working like mad man to get a roof over the structure so I am either hauling materials or three stories off the ground. Taking pics though.
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 07-06-15, 05:32 PM
Posted By Drake
Ready for a roof! First and second floor are...

Ready for a roof! First and second floor are framed and ready to start framing roof. will be extending existing metal roof profile over entire new space. Very happy with metal roof. 25% of the load...
Forum: Conservation 05-29-15, 05:54 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 6,012
Posted By Drake
I posted pics of ground tube network I plan to...

I posted pics of ground tube network I plan to use to temper subzero fresh air to DIY exchanger(in Eco-build thread). Three 100' 6" sewer pipes linked together at foundation. Each run has a nylon...
Forum: Conservation 03-07-15, 04:57 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 11,268
Posted By Drake
Up here in the tundra I did the floor of my...

Up here in the tundra I did the floor of my unheated crawlspace cabin floor as such. standard 2x8 floor joists with small wave gavl barn roof metal on top(this made up my rodent proof under floor...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 02-26-15, 05:55 PM
Replies: 588
Views: 502,360
Posted By Drake
I know my space will even be greatly affected by...

I know my space will even be greatly affected by just the day or two a week we bulk cook/bake with oven/stove as opposed to the remaining microwave leftover days.
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 02-19-15, 06:41 PM
Posted By Drake
I do not expect answers to any of my questions. ...

I do not expect answers to any of my questions. And it because of the complexity that I ask them. If I can get a response to my inquiry I am delighted and give the response great consideration. If...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 02-15-15, 01:17 PM
Posted By Drake
There is a Grundfos cir pump on clearance at my...

There is a Grundfos cir pump on clearance at my Menards will have to check it out more. It was marked composite instead of cast iron or SS.
Forum: Conservation 10-19-14, 09:54 PM
Replies: 42
Views: 36,255
Posted By Drake
Another fibered fabric that comes in several...

Another fibered fabric that comes in several thicknesses and stiffness is pellon. I have used it in several different projects.
Forum: Conservation 09-08-14, 09:24 PM
Replies: 42
Views: 36,255
Posted By Drake
How about the super thin foam material used to...

How about the super thin foam material used to wrap/package fragile items in as separator material? I has some that is less than 1/16" thick that I use to tie fishing flies with. Very light,...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 07-15-11, 09:49 PM
Posted By Drake
Very inventive webaware. Did you space your...

Very inventive webaware. Did you space your joists to fit metal or did they happen to fit standard joist(cc) spacing? Typical steel roofing/siding here has 9"(cc) spacing between channels. Though...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 02-14-11, 06:37 PM
Posted By Drake
Further research has gotten me answer to my...

Further research has gotten me answer to my question. High water temp storage for low temp radiant heating is ideal. A 3-way mixer before floor loop(hot side) allows cooled loop water to reenter...
Forum: Solar Heating 01-29-11, 11:34 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 6,625
Posted By Drake
Getting accurate advise is often not an easy...

Getting accurate advise is often not an easy thing. Have learned that just being accepted practice or even CODE by building Professionals is not always right.
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17