EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Search Forums
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: herlichka
Forum: Other Improvements 02-05-14, 05:12 PM
Replies: 10
Views: 13,103
Posted By herlichka
In Ontario discharge filters are now a code...

In Ontario discharge filters are now a code requirement on all new installs, and are required almost every time a tank is repaired. New tanks have a 6"PVC riser molded into the lid directly above...
Forum: Conservation 02-26-12, 12:48 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 41,288
Posted By herlichka
It is actually the vapour that you want to stop: ...

It is actually the vapour that you want to stop: if water vapour is allowed to travel from the warm interior of your home into the insulation it will eventually reach a point where it is cool enough...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 01-01-12, 07:23 PM
Replies: 26
Views: 16,993
Posted By herlichka
Instead of simply sinking the house 5' into the...

Instead of simply sinking the house 5' into the ground why not consider raising the grades around the house with a series of small terraces? That way, your front door can be at grade, and when you...
Forum: Conservation 12-22-11, 06:37 AM
Replies: 15
Views: 11,710
Posted By herlichka
Don't overlook your laundry room when you are...

Don't overlook your laundry room when you are making your design decisions, the washer produces considerable amounts of moist air, and your dryer moves A LOT of air! Building code requirements for...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 10-10-11, 08:15 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 9,097
Posted By herlichka
The first step is to cut the paint or varnish...

The first step is to cut the paint or varnish where the casing meets the other surfaces, the wall and the window jamb. Carefully use a very sharp utility knife for this. Often, the finishes are...
Forum: Forum News & Feedback 10-07-11, 05:12 PM
Replies: 31
Views: 24,520
Posted By herlichka
I like to keep a "house book". Just a cheap...

I like to keep a "house book". Just a cheap 3-ring binder, or duo-tang. In it I record as many of the details as I can about our house. I have started books for customers on occasion as well....
Forum: Lighting 09-28-11, 05:45 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 15,804
Posted By herlichka
Just a thought: I once had a small job...

Just a thought: I once had a small job installing a free standing Ikea stainless steel kitchen sink unit, and the plumbing connections were all European/metric. I was able to find the pieces I...
Forum: Forum News & Feedback 09-21-11, 05:14 PM
Replies: 31
Views: 24,520
Posted By herlichka
-Seal all the joints in your ductwork, using foil...

-Seal all the joints in your ductwork, using foil tape, or the brush-on sealer. If you're going to spend money to heat/cool the air be sure it gets where it's supposed to be. Be sure all your...
Forum: Conservation 09-04-11, 05:48 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 11,986
Posted By herlichka
The one minute setting at 5pm is only a...

The one minute setting at 5pm is only a safeguard, to turn the water heater off if someone is in during the day, and turns the heater on with the manual switch, and forgets to turn it off. If the...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 08-31-11, 06:34 AM
Replies: 1,943
Views: 3,659,780
Posted By herlichka
As I've read your Manifesto, it has occurred to...

As I've read your Manifesto, it has occurred to me that there may be a relatively inexpensive source of drilling hardware available to you. I used to work in the underground utility business, and...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10