EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Search Forums
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: jeff88
Forum: Appliances & Gadgets 07-30-15, 08:36 AM
Replies: 12
Views: 8,522
Posted By bmxeroh
Sharp to Launch DC powered mini-split Air Conditioner

Hi guys, I found this on Slashdot. There's not a ton of info here, but still exciting none the less.

Sharp Plans to Launch DC-powered Air Conditioner in 2015 - Nikkei Technology Online...
Forum: Appliances & Gadgets 04-03-15, 10:59 AM
Replies: 25
Views: 13,918
Posted By pinballlooking
Nice fix. That is much better than messing with...

Nice fix. That is much better than messing with batteries.
Forum: Appliances & Gadgets 04-03-15, 08:00 AM
Posted By Daox
Looks good to me.

Looks good to me.
Forum: Appliances & Gadgets 09-09-14, 05:31 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 9,670
Posted By oil pan 4
Clothes dryer heater element voltage selector

This is for any one who might want to add a heater element selector switch to their clothes dryer.
For any one who might want to run lower power in summer and switch back to full power for winter...
Forum: Conservation 09-02-14, 10:28 PM
Replies: 1
Views: 5,237
Posted By ecomodded
Insulated toilet tank cuts tank area in half

First a couple of small points that matter.

Normally 1.6 gal toilets have space left in the tank to adjust the tank height 2-3 more liters then their rated at , as a fail safe for those heavy...
Forum: Other Improvements 08-08-14, 08:40 PM
Replies: 15
Views: 10,882
Posted By jeff5may
What do you plan on sheathing the shed with? If...

What do you plan on sheathing the shed with? If you're planning on using siding or corrugated metal, you can run it all the way to the ground. If you want it to look snazzy, get some base channel and...
Forum: Other Improvements 08-08-14, 12:14 PM
Views: 10,882
Posted By hamsterpower
What about a "belt" of rocks to hold down the...

What about a "belt" of rocks to hold down the wire mesh? Maybe some potted plants?

Why did you use pressure treated for the floor when you built it so far above a hard surface? and why did you use...
Forum: Solar Power 04-30-14, 08:06 PM
Views: 11,594
Posted By where2
It is possible to design and install your own...

It is possible to design and install your own grid-tie system and NOT have it look any different than a professionally designed and installed system, other than the price tag. :thumbup: According to...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 04-22-14, 11:03 AM
Replies: 257
Views: 165,188
Posted By AC_Hacker
Thanks, good info! The industries that...

Thanks, good info!

The industries that produce this stuff have squashed the vital information on the toxic effects of vinyl, whose effects become magnified when you reduce infiltration.
Forum: The Billiards Room 04-06-14, 02:49 PM
Replies: 24
Views: 14,908
Posted By AC_Hacker
...and the article ends: I think that...

...and the article ends:

I think that real problem we need to be aware of is not identified in this piece, until the very end. I doubt that many people will go that far to get to the actual...
Forum: Solar Power 04-05-14, 04:40 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 9,836
Posted By iamgeo
Soft water is the only way to go if using this...

Soft water is the only way to go if using this type of method to cool the panels. Otherwise there will be a nasty,scaly film on the glass.
Forum: Appliances & Gadgets 03-02-14, 02:45 PM
Posted By Servicetech
I noticed the use of "heavy duty" batteries in...

I noticed the use of "heavy duty" batteries in the photo. They are VERY low capacity compared to alkaline batteries (about 1/4 the MAH !!) How long will 4 fresh alkaline batteries last?
Forum: Appliances & Gadgets 02-21-14, 12:15 PM
Posted By ecomodded
If you charge them individually each battery will...

If you charge them individually each battery will get it allotted charge, when charging multiple batteries at once the charger will send a charge to equal the combined voltage of in your case 6v or...
Forum: Appliances & Gadgets 02-19-14, 08:01 PM
Posted By NiHaoMike
You can remove the batteries, let them cool off...

You can remove the batteries, let them cool off for a few minutes, and put them back in for a second charge cycle. And only using part of the battery capacity makes them last longer - that's what the...
Forum: Forum News & Feedback 02-10-14, 10:38 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 9,555
Posted By Daox
Add a 'reviews' sub-forum?

I was thinking today after re-reading Jeff88's thread: List of Known Working Products (http://ecorenovator.org/forum/forum-news-feedback/3416-list-known-working-products.html), would it be worth...
Forum: Conservation 01-16-14, 05:06 PM
Replies: 21
Views: 21,051
Posted By Daox
Well, from my limited research, mattress pads...

Well, from my limited research, mattress pads really don't use much power at all. Gary from builditsolar.com basically did what you're asking and the mattress pad sleeping comes out WAY ahead. ...
Forum: The Billiards Room 12-29-13, 11:03 AM
Views: 8,145
Posted By jeff5may
The fact of the matter is that there will always...

The fact of the matter is that there will always be a struggle going on between the Rockefellers (and their powerful corporations) and the common citizens they buy off. The ways and means these...
Forum: The Billiards Room 12-29-13, 10:12 AM
Views: 8,145
Posted By stevehull
The link to riverreporter (above) is interesting...

The link to riverreporter (above) is interesting in that it describes all of the known and/or potential risks of fracking fluids.

My analysis of this is that oil/natural gas drilling is inherently...
Forum: Other Improvements 12-24-13, 05:45 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 4,571
Posted By WyrTwister
Buy a clamp on amp meter instead . Take...

Buy a clamp on amp meter instead . Take something like a corded electric drill and an assistant .

Plug the drill into an outlet you want to rest . Have the assistant repeatedly press the...
Forum: Lighting 12-22-13, 10:17 PM
Views: 11,434
Posted By opiesche
DIY 3D printed recessed LED fixtures

[EDIT] sorry, some of the pictures are upside down.

So, the original 1980s light fixtures in our upstairs hallway have always bothered me a bit. They just look... well, so 1980s. Since I've built...
Forum: The Billiards Room 11-27-13, 09:19 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 3,714
Posted By AC_Hacker
Japan's Reaction to Fukushima...

Japan has built a massive PV farm:

kyocera floats mega solar power plant in japan (http://www.designboom.com/technology/kyocera-floats-mega-solar-power-plant-in-japan-11-18-2013/)

And here...
Forum: Conservation 10-04-13, 10:18 AM
Replies: 19
Views: 12,479
Posted By AC_Hacker
Mold Need Warmth, Moisture and Food...

If you look at my Mini-Loo (http://ecorenovator.org/forum/20510-post1.html) project, you will see that my whole bathroom is only slightly larger than the shower you want to enclose, so the Mini Loo...
Forum: Forum News & Feedback 10-04-13, 08:11 AM
Replies: 7
Views: 5,709
Posted By Daox
You're telling me. :) Just use the 'report post'...

You're telling me. :) Just use the 'report post' button and the mods/admins will get to it as soon as we're notified. The security is already tighter than I'd like for new users to register (its...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 09-14-13, 01:01 PM
Replies: 45
Views: 84,806
Posted By AC_Hacker
How do heat pumps work? To explain how heat...

How do heat pumps work?

To explain how heat pumps work, we need to understand a process that is basic in all of nature, but isn't fully understood by most people. That process is called "Change of...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 09-13-13, 09:24 AM
Replies: 45
Views: 84,806
Posted By Daox
Heat Pumps for dummies (beginners guide)

This site has accumulated a pretty huge wealth of heat pump information. However, there are many who are completely baffled by how these magical machines work at over 100% efficiency. Now throw in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27