Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: kenora
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 01-09-17, 08:19 AM
Replies: 3
Views: 3,690
Posted By Ron342
Careful with your choice of geo pipe!

Just finished a 100 ft geo hole (think showering in cold wet muddy water!) for a window unit extract water heater and learned something that may save you geo folks some $ and knuckles!
The hdpe pipe...
Forum: Lawn and Garden 11-26-16, 06:26 PM
Replies: 0
Views: 4,059
Posted By sunspot
Quick, easy, PV mount

Plans for the garden include irrigation, pond aeration, and an electric fence around the apiary. The power will come from PV/batteries so I thought I'd get on with putting a panel out where it will...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 10-29-16, 10:45 AM
Replies: 16
Views: 14,095
Posted By Zwerius
If you have to heat your house like we do (in the...

If you have to heat your house like we do (in the Netherlands 55°North), I would suggest to make the distance between the tubes much smaller. This causes a lower required water temperature in the...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 10-28-16, 04:13 PM
Replies: 16
Views: 14,095
Posted By Fionn
The tiny amount of insulation used in the US...

The tiny amount of insulation used in the US building industry is amazing from a European perspective.
In Europe nobody would consider putting less than 150mm of PUR insulation beneath a heated...
Forum: Solar Power 10-14-16, 05:33 AM
Replies: 157
Views: 89,801
Posted By stevehull
Roostre, There is more to the equation than...

Roostre,

There is more to the equation than you have written - and when you see it you will be quite pleased.

Like you, I put in a similar sized system. Mine is 12.9 kW and I looked hard at...
Forum: For Sale / Trade / Wanted / Web Finds 09-25-16, 07:52 AM
Replies: 13
Views: 11,751
Posted By jeff5may
Looking into these types of air-source units has...

Looking into these types of air-source units has made me aware of some general practices the manufacturers follow. Widely published specs will be inflated to impress the average consumer. If the...
Forum: Solar Heating 01-15-16, 09:57 AM
Replies: 21
Views: 22,452
Posted By pletby
Bug screen solar hot air collector

Hey gang I thought I would do a build thread on my solar hot air project. It started out as a proof of concept for me (Gary Resa and others made it work long before me but I didn't believe it would...
Forum: Solar Heating 01-11-16, 01:28 AM
Replies: 17
Views: 19,523
Posted By SDMCF
Let me add my 2 cents to this topic, since my...

Let me add my 2 cents to this topic, since my system is similar but different. Similar in that I have both solar and GSHP and I use the solar for both space heating and hot water. Different in that...
Forum: Solar Heating 01-10-16, 11:53 AM
Posted By randen
Maintaining solar space heating in Canada

Happy new year.

It is now 6 yrs since we had installed the solar hot water system. It has performed well for all those years. We had the odd hiccup but nothing bad. A hose-clamp needed tightening,...
Forum: Lighting 12-15-14, 08:11 AM
Replies: 5
Views: 6,768
Posted By Daox
I'd also just give it a try. I've used a CFL in...

I'd also just give it a try. I've used a CFL in my opener for forever (yeah, it isn't bright in winter, I just deal with it) and it hasn't hurt range much at all IMO.
Forum: Conservation 04-24-14, 04:57 AM
Replies: 8
Views: 4,721
Posted By doug30293
If you live near a food processing plant you...

If you live near a food processing plant you might be able to purchase used IBC's (intermediate bulk container) for less than the cost of a bladder. I just picked up three from a salvage yard for...
Forum: Conservation 04-17-14, 09:18 PM
Replies: 8
Views: 4,721
Posted By NiHaoMike
There are several builds in the geothermal and...

There are several builds in the geothermal and heat pump section.
Forum: Solar Heating 03-11-14, 09:44 PM
Replies: 25
Views: 18,644
Posted By nokiasixteth
Heater has been givin heat great. Now its...

Heater has been givin heat great. Now its starting to warm up . So all that heat just gets waisted into the air. Im thinkin on takin out the winder screens and puttin in some pex pipe makin it useful...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 03-06-14, 02:40 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 8,665
Posted By ecomodded
Or .. more like you were thinking.. i think.....

Or .. more like you were thinking.. i think.. Make a rigid foam insert that you store when not needed then pops into the window frame, being secured by a latch. Skin it with 1/8" plywood possible...
Forum: Renovations & New Construction 03-05-14, 12:24 PM
Replies: 14
Views: 8,665
Posted By ecomodded
Here's a idea for you - hinge your insulated...

Here's a idea for you - hinge your insulated fitted shutters so they can be easily swung closed / swung open. you may find that in the long winters month nights you can use them while your on site in...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 03-03-14, 12:28 PM
Replies: 11
Views: 8,715
Posted By NiHaoMike
There are alternatives to Bitcoin. You can...

There are alternatives to Bitcoin.

You can go for one of those radiator type heaters. They run cool enough that you can put papers on it without them igniting (but doing that is not recommended)....
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 03-03-14, 12:40 AM
Posted By AC_Hacker
I think that you are doing the right thing by...

I think that you are doing the right thing by getting quite serious about your insulation.

However, the weather as you are describing it would be an exceptional challenge to an ASHP. Honestly, I...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 03-02-14, 09:55 PM
Posted By MN Renovator
Actually the 100% of rated capacity at x temp of...

Actually the 100% of rated capacity at x temp of an inverter unit is a point where it is already ramping up the compressor speed especially if the number matches at two temperature point or shows...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 03-02-14, 07:15 PM
Posted By jeff5may
The Mitsubishi Hyper-heating inverter units (and...

The Mitsubishi Hyper-heating inverter units (and an increasing number of Chinese knock-offs) will do 100% of their rated capacity at -15 degC and 80% at -25 degC. Panasanyo, daikin, and fujitsu have...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 03-02-14, 01:45 PM
Posted By ecomodded
All of the mini-splits i looked into can only...

All of the mini-splits i looked into can only produce heat down to -15 (not sure if its to the rated btu )

I suggest contacting your closes dealer of mini-splits to get more understanding of its...
Forum: Solar Heating 04-25-12, 11:05 PM
Posted By randen
Solar space heating in Canada

I had recieved some requests from some fellow eco-renovators for some more details of our solar install with some pictures. If it may help any others who are thinking of solar space heating we have...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21