EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Search Forums
Advanced Search

Blog 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts Made By: launboy
Forum: Conservation 01-24-21, 11:31 AM
Replies: 6
Views: 11,748
Posted By launboy
What’s your Attic Temp? (Trying to decide on going from R19 to R49)

Winter here in Wisconsin and my attic temp is measuring 15*F above outdoor temp on average with no snow on the roof, and now with some snow last night I’m seeing 20*F above outdoor.

I’ve got R19...
Forum: The Billiards Room 08-10-20, 11:08 PM
Replies: 9
Views: 12,128
Posted By launboy
Resource Use for Renewables

I hope this isn’t considered political and is in the right spot. I’m not posting it to start a debate, more to hear your guys thoughts on the article. It’s a piece written by someone who to me seems...
Forum: Appliances & Gadgets 05-02-20, 12:38 PM
Replies: 3
Views: 6,434
Posted By launboy
Emporia Vue Energy Monitor

Been looking for a way to monitor power use and found that unitS with logging get expensive quick. Then I found the Emporia Vue. $100 gets you 2 200amp CTs, and 8 50 amp CTs as well as cloud based...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 11-11-14, 10:32 PM
Replies: 5
Views: 4,117
Posted By launboy
You guys have made a few good points. Yes,...

You guys have made a few good points.

Yes, this guy has a thousand dollar control and many sensors attached to the unit, but he also has a program written to calculate instantaneous SEER and...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 11-11-14, 12:20 AM
Views: 4,117
Posted By launboy
Simple, Efficient, Defrost

So back in my hottub heatpump experimenting days my biggest problem was by far and wide defrost. I was running my 8,000 btu window a/c with the condenser in nice 104* water, and my evaporator in...
Forum: Conservation 12-22-12, 05:54 AM
a/c
Views: 4,676
Posted By launboy
Some A/C's run a Crankcase heater on the...

Some A/C's run a Crankcase heater on the compressor that can draw from 40-100w to keep the oil warm(forgot where I read that). This matters if you plan on running the A/C, but if it's going to sit...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 01-04-12, 01:43 AM
Replies: 52
Views: 34,720
Posted By launboy
DIY Air-Source Water HP

The Goal: Heat my hot tub more efficiently than the resistance heat(1350w) does to bring down running cost.

The Plan(for now): Get window air conditioner, remove condensing fan and bend coil...
Forum: Conservation 12-25-11, 11:59 PM
Replies: 13
Views: 10,233
Posted By launboy
Instead of keeping a gallon of water hot all the...

Instead of keeping a gallon of water hot all the time, why not get a Sunbeam hotshot? It heat's a cup or so of water in a minute or two to just below boiling. It's an amazing little device. I don't...
Forum: Geothermal & Heat Pumps 08-09-11, 01:55 AM
Replies: 14
Views: 17,227
Posted By launboy
You said it will run at reduced torque with a...

You said it will run at reduced torque with a light dimmer or similar controller, reduced torque would cause a compressor to slow down, just like Xringer found, does this damage the motor? Or could...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9