View Single Post
Old 09-29-17, 11:01 PM   #6
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

I concur with Where2, and I know for a fact that deals like he cited exist in the Louisville market. Craig's list and Facebook marketplace are both gold mines to be extracted of treasures. The two best deals I found this summer: a 2 ton heat pump outdoor unit for $50 from a guy in Hillview and a matching front load washer and dryer set (Kenmore HE3) for $100 near the LG&E power plant. It is very common to find front loaders with something minor wrong with them for $50.

Just this week, I picked up two washers. The first one, a Whirlpool Duet Sport, has a bad impeller in the drain pump. The other, a Kenmore HE2 plus (equivalent/brother model to the first), has a broken door lock switch. I swapped each other's good parts for bad to verify operation yesterday and today to verify operation, and they both worked. I'll be ordering parts this weekend, and they will be made whole, listed, and sold for a profit by the end of the week. The guy with the Whirlpool had a top load washer sitting on the front porch, that I know either had a broken belt or stripped out coupling (motor humming but no tub movement or grinding sounds when energized), and I would've taken it home for $20, but I was running short on time. I tried to contact him about it later, but so far I haven't gotten a reply back.Maybe he fixed it himself...

One thing you didn't say about the trailer is what kind of system was the original HVAC? They come with either package units (big supply and return ducts) or split systems (closet in the home for the air handler) equipped. The replacement would vary widely depending on what actually existed before.
jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote