View Single Post
Old 08-14-17, 11:01 AM   #7
pinballlooking
Super Moderator

I wired up my grange for my 240 Volt welder and I changed my plasma cutter to use the same outlet as the welder.

To change the voltage between 120 Volts and 240 Volts you just unscrew the plug on the end of the cord.

My spool gun came in on Friday. I tried my hand at welding aluminum. It is very different than steel. My first attempts were bad. I started to get a little better. I need to get more aluminum so I can practice more. A little thicker material would be helpful.

I was welding aluminum with .035 wire I think it was 16 gauge aluminum I really needed .030 wire for this think material.
I need to get the smaller wire and try again.

I did a couple of mild steel welds before I switched to aluminum. It welded great on mild steel and I was very pleased with it.

My welder came with a metal gauge but I could hardly read it.
I took a brown colored pencil and colored in the in the numbers and clear tapped over it.

I ordered some new aluminum welding wire.
ER4043 Aluminum Welding Wire, 0.030-Inch, ER5356 Aluminum Welding Wire, 0.030-Inch
I will try welding my thinner aluminum again once this wire is in.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -

Last edited by pinballlooking; 08-27-17 at 03:42 PM..
pinballlooking is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pinballlooking For This Useful Post:
Daox (08-16-17)