View Single Post
Old 07-17-17, 07:30 AM   #11
jeff5may
Supreme EcoRenovator

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff5may

Still ain't seen any pics. Sounds like it is working fine for your (perhaps imaginary) purpose, but I'm not sure if the thing exists. After all, this is the internet.

BTW, my (hippie) buddy has a split unit that size cooling his whole house. Maybe 1500 sq ft ranch. He put in a super Uber filtrete 3M allergic reaction stopper filter this spring. He just called me Saturday saying he didn't think his central air was working like it should be. Long story short, I took the ultra filter out and put in a 25 cent fiberglass filter in it's place. Like magic, the house cooled right down in a couple of hours! Except...

The attached sunroom is the last register on the line. To make the floor plan "more open", he removed the bifold divider doors last fall. Guess what: I believe that was the factor that tipped the scale after he swapped filters. The added heat gain and convection current pumped the heat in faster than the choked central unit could remove it.

I tried to loan him one of my monsters to cool the zone and dump the heat into his outdoor hot tub, but he wouldn't have it. Not pretty enough for the room...

jeff5may is offline   Reply With Quote