View Single Post
Old 12-07-12, 01:13 PM   #1
Daox
Administrator

Default FIPEL light bulbs - as efficient as LEDs

Sadly, the article seems to bash LEDs and CFLs. It almost seems like a sales add. However, it still does introduce a technolgy I've never heard of so I thought I'd post it. I do wonder about the one thing they don't talk about though... cost!

New Lighting Could Replace Fluorescents, CFLs, and LEDs As The Light Source Of The Future | Popular Science

Quote:
The Wake Forest team used a multi-layer white-emitting blend of polymers imbued with a small amount of nanomaterials that glow when stimulated with an electric charge. This nano-engineered polymer matrix is essentially a whole new type of light bulb...

...it is at least twice as efficient as CFLs...

...we know the technology is long-lasting (one of the researchers has had a prototype FIPEL light source that he claims has worked for a decade)...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Daox is offline   Reply With Quote