Thread: 10.6Kw System
View Single Post
Old 08-02-13, 08:57 AM   #10
Robaroni
Journeyman EcoRenovator

Thanks,
You have to realize this has been built over a few years, gradually adding on each year which I think is the great thing about alternate energy.
The mounts were originally designed to track but the modules were so awkward that I felt high winds could create problems. This along with the fact that modules are dropping price so fast that adding more modules became cheaper than buying actuators and designing electronics for tracking systems.
If you look at the frame pics you'll see where I put the bearing mounts. I took them off and adapted the frame system to work stationary.

The battery box has a homemade venting system and I used Ice Shield around the base of the box in case the batteries spill. So far things have been fine, even with the box in my basement to protect the batteries from our cold winters.

It did take me about a week to wire the inside of the AC and DC side boxes and making the frames themselves took about 3 weeks of cutting and MIG welding. I also made the cables for the batteries which worked out well and saved me some money.

Here's the illustrations for the mounts:
I think you can get a good idea how things work incase anyone wants to duplicate it.
Rob
Attached Images

Last edited by Robaroni; 08-02-13 at 09:03 AM..
Robaroni is offline   Reply With Quote