EcoRenovator  

Go Back   EcoRenovator > Improvements > Solar Power
Advanced Search

Blog Register 60+ Home Energy Saving Tips Recent Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-18, 10:49 AM   #661
Apprentice EcoRenovator

That's very impressive!
We drove the last 7k miles on our new Bolt (May 2017) for free. Once you see the powerful combination of PV and EV it's hard not to think about building up to it like we did.

For those of you who think this is a great way to go I want to say you can do it incrementally. I started with the PV end but there's no reason you can't get a PHEV (plugin electric vehicle) or EV and work toward a PV system.
Even, after more than a decade, I'm looking to increase and diversify my systems.
Once you drive an electric you instantly realize how much better EVs are. There's tremendous convenience of plugging in at home and having a 'full tank' the next morning. Driving is better too, having instant torque, no warm before driving in the winter and no oil changes, spark plugs, tranny shifting, catalytic converter, etc.
Last year Americans wasted 3.9 billion gallons of gas in traffic jams. There's no waste with an EV. Think about all that pollution too.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robaroni For This Useful Post:
gasstingy (01-16-18), pinballlooking (01-11-18)
Old 01-11-18, 10:57 AM   #662
Super Moderator

I was excited to see you put 7K miles on your Bolt very cool. Even with low gas prices the gasoline savings outpace the power bill savings very quickly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 01-16-18, 06:44 AM   #663
Lurking Renovator

Way to go man. Solar is a no-brainer! If everything will go as planned, this year I will get my own system and rely less on the grid. I just have to make that initial investment.
Old 01-17-18, 12:27 PM   #664
Super Moderator

We just had our yearly or every two-year snow. Solar is not doing very well today.

Attached Thumbnails
20180117_102451-jpg  

Solar Install 12.5 Kwh-

Mini Split installs -

EV Chevy Volt -
Old 01-17-18, 03:17 PM   #665
Lurking Renovator

Great thread...not going to lie, didn't read it all but I will. This is exactly the size of system I think I need, but roof mounted. Of course, I just started researching and need to learn a bunch more as well.

Thanks for the effort of posting your accomplishments!!

Don